Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

PC Gaming - /pc/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Image Thumbnail

H A L F - L I F E 3 C O N F I R M E D https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/03/valve-half-life-alyx-is-not-the-end-of-the-franchise/ Here's a hot take: I don't give a fuck. I USED to give a fuck. I loved Half-Life 1, I played all the PC games, and then Half-Life 2 came out, and so I played lots of that. I made a few levels. I put a looot of time into everything Half-Life 2. ...but as the years passed, full of betrayal, I just don't give a fuck anymore. Half-Life 2 was a good game back when it was released. It was one of those games that at time could get into the very core of your soul because it just felt so real and atmospheric. ...but there comes a point where the game starts tasting more sour than it's good. Sure, Half-Life 3 might be a good game, but it's not ever going to be so good that you're ready to swallow another round of ten year Valve cock down your throat, is it? They killed off a main character and promised some kind of resolution, and it never came. Remember that? They could do that with Half-Life 3 as well.

>>

...but also ask yourself if you REALLY want more of Half-Life 2. Half-Life: Alyx is more of the same. It's just in VR now. Aren't you sick of drab Polish (or whatever) settings and combines by now? The setting wasn't that fantastic to begin with, to be honest. It was a style, and that's all. It was also a jarring contrast to Half-Life 1. I would have liked to see more of Half-Life 1's Die Hard real world catastrophy setting instead, but that's never going to happen again. We're stuck with this now. No, YOU're stuck with this now - I'm out. I just so very tired of it all: The crowbar. The suit. The chick that nobody wanted. The flat dialogue. Fuck Half-Life 3. Valve had their chance.

>>

>>4957 Hardly confirmed, more like "if alyx does really well we'll make HL3, if not maybe we'll try other FPS". HL1 was innovative. HL2 was innovative. As you point out, it is not about the setting nor anything specific, it is that they kept innovating with each game which is really hard to do. Alyx is another chance of innovation. If HL3 ever gets released, it may fall short even if it is a great FPS