Enrive[a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x]

PC Gaming - /pc/[Catalog][Board FAQ]

[?]

TopBottom
Image Thumbnail

It's amazing how much the Matrix has us. 30 000 games on the Steam platform alone. Thousands on games coming out each year, all begging for our attention and money, only to ultimately leave us with just some small amount of satisfaction a week or two later. We are paying to waste our lives away, nonstop. We're being told that we're world saving heroes, as we sit in our computer chairs rotting away day after day. Some of us complain about loot boxes, as if that would be the main problem. Gaming is an addiction in itself. 99% of it is nothing but a drug, and that little 1% we learn, isn't worth abandoning life for. We tell ourself that it will build confidence, but confidence isn't a virtue. All that happens is that we become self-deluded, thinking we matter, when we don't. If anything we need to realize what worthless scums we are, especially when we do nothing but play computer games all day. ...and this goes twice for watching anime or movies. The real world is crumbling all around us, and we've stopped caring, because we're busy caring about Equestria or some other fantasy world, "that's in such a dire need of heroic help". I've been banned from most platforms. ...and that's a good thing. The less you fit in in a fantasy forum, the more you can adapt to the real world. When you get banned, it's like the drug dealers are forcing you out the door, saying "You're not good enough to do our drugs.". At some point my ISP threatened to ban me from the internet. In the end I just got another ISP. ...but maybe that's what we all need: To get banned from the internet. There's so much that we've neglected, that we need to do in the real world, that we just don't want to do, because we've got this excuse that "there's entertainment to watch" or "games to play".

>>

>>4874 >>4874 Nice blog post but humans always need entertainment to lighten the load. It may be socializing, eating a meal, going to a party, to the beach, watching movies and so on. I'm proud that my hobby is something that is challenging, both intellectually, statistically and with regards to dexterity, because I play games to challenge myself after a day of working a lot. It beats drinking a beer watching the game, but each to their own needs

>>

>>4875 and strategically as well

>>

>>4875 >Nice blog post but humans always need entertainment to lighten the load. It may be socializing, eating a meal, going to a party, to the beach, watching movies and so on. "To lighten the load"... Let's for example take doing the dishes. You don't feel like it, and so you go watching a movie instead. You come back from the movie and you're hungry, and so you create more dishes. Does the load feel like it's lighter now that you've watched the movie? The movie will typically have told you that you were this heroic savior who save the world, and it was awesome. Now your brain is used to being a hero to a degree. Have you ever seen Spiderman do the dishes? No. Such menial and boring tasks are beneath him. What movies actually do, is lighten your brain, spoiling it until your piles of dishes is something that "you just can't find the time for anymore". You'll end up a happy little pig, living in a sty, who will remain happy for as long as you keep focusing on the screen. That is how the Matrix gets you. (1/2)

>>

>>4875 >I'm proud that my hobby is something that is challenging, both intellectually, statistically and with regards to dexterity, because I play games to challenge myself after a day of working a lot. All of that pride will go away, once you watch DSP, though. I told myself the same thing: That the games I chose to play were challenging, and were improving me, so that I'll excel at doing those dishes. ...but at this point DSP has even beaten Dark Souls. DarkSydePhil is one of the most humbling feelings I've ever experienced. I owe him, because he taught me this: Games of today is not made to BE challenging. They are meant to FEEL challenging. They are meant to sucker you into thinking that saving the world can be done if you just mash X hard enough. Unless you pit yourself against other players in balanced PvP, you're never going to grow even as a game player. Just go do the dishes. Daily life is FULL of things that can improve you so much more than games ever can. (2/2)

>>

>>4875 As a godforsaken pedophile, you have around 650 muscles in your body. One day the antipedos track you down, and your very survival will NOT depend on ANYTHING that those "intellectual" videogames taught you, but instead if you've taken care of your family of 650 children. If you spend just five minutes to each and every one of those children, instead of playing video games, then that will take 54 hours. ...and after 54 hours the first muscles are good to go again. That is "the load" that you have to bear for being born. You are one of the chosen ones whether you like it or not, and if you chose to waste that by playing video games, then you'll deserve what you get. "God and anime" won't be on your side.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>4875 "I hear you like little girls, Anon. Say, why don't you come here, so that we can talk about that like rational, intellectual adults. You say you like 'video games'? Can you eat those?"

>>

>>4875 There was this guy who just got out of prison for murdering somebody in cold blood, and as he was being interviewed on TV he still claimed his innocence: "He was a pedophile, though." There is no prison sentence long enough for antipedos to "reconsider" murdering you once they find you. Meanwhile you're playing video games to "lighten your load".

>>

>>4874 paying for games in 2019 :^)

>>

>>4882 We're still paying with time, though.

Update 5