/nsa/ - Since we often recommend Linux to new user
Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

Tutelary Technology - /nsa/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

This thread has been flagged as old and contains pop-up ads.
Replying will revoke its old status.

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Media deleted

Since we often recommend Linux to new users and may have some converted I think I should post this here: The website of Linux Mint was hacked and pointed to a fake ISO with a trojan. If you downloaded a Linux Mint ISO on Feb 20 get rid of it, download a new one and reinstall. For details see http://blog.linuxmint.com/?p=2994

>>
Media deleted

>>3801 holy shit

>>

Addendum: They still have server troubles. I'd say if you want Linux Mint and can't wait just install Ubuntu and add Mint's Cinnamon Desktop later, that's the same (Mint is just Ubuntu with a different desktop)

>>

The NSA realized that the neckbeard revolution can't continue.

>>

>>3809 Actually it was a guy from eastern Europe who found a security hole on the web server and wanted to create a botnet

>>

>>3803 >ubuntu >using nsa/linux Linux mint is not just ubuntu with a different desktop, there are other differences. Believe it gets rid of ads, for example.

>>

>>3811 So where exactly have this ads (never saw any) been, if not in the desktop? Otherwise Mint is Ubuntu, it even uses Ubuntu's resporities for anything but the desktop

>>
Media deleted

>>3809 >The NSA realized that the neckbeard revolution can't continue. I thought it was called the beta uprising

>>
Media deleted

>>3820 sshh, they can't know!

>>
>>

>>3852 Yes, as I said, it was in the desktop. A plugin for the build-in search function of the Unity desktop that was adding ads from Amazon to the search results. Other desktop, no plugin. That's why I never saw any ads, I don't use the Unity desktop (In the next version 6 months later it was gone, BTW)