/nsa/ - oh shit <a class='userHyperlink' target
Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

Tutelary Technology - /nsa/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

This thread has been flagged as old and contains pop-up ads.
Replying will revoke its old status.

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Media deleted
Thread was moved to Off Topic

oh shit https://www.apple.com/customer-letter/

>>

> They have asked us to build a backdoor to the iPhone. Well, even so, normies shouldn't be tricked into trusting apple just because they are being "nice". Open source phones are the future.

>>

>>3710 Wow, first ballsy move from Apple since the 70's. Also... time to get an Android phone.

>>

>>3712 Also... this looks awfully similar to damage control. my bet is iphones have a backdoor already

>>

>>3713 Wasn't the fappening leaked from iCloud? If they had good encryption, how did it happen in the first place. But yeah, could be damage control, it doesn't matter really. The good thing here is the anti government, pro encryption message they are sending to the normies. Great news really. From "encryption is necessary" to "I shouldn't trust closed source OS" is a small step.

>>

Apple may be one of the few companies that actually stand a chance at fighting this. This implies that: >iPhone encryption is adequate >a secret backdoor doesn't already exist I.. doubt both of them. Didn't they repeal that jailbreak law? Couldn't someone release instructions to jailbreak your phone and close the backdoors?

>>

>>3715 >jailbreak your phone and close the backdoors? How do you even do that without access to the backdoor code?

>>

>>3715 I was thinking more or less the same. Perhaps a Jailbreaked app that closes the iPhone will mysteriously come out/ BTW, call me pessimistic but I'm sure FBI will win.

>>

>>3716 Do you know what's a backdoor? Do you understand it has nothing to do with exploiting a system?

>>

>>3718 My question is, how do you block a backdoor/port that the FBI only activates occasionally?

>>

>>3719 By blanket block everything by default, pretty much like a firewall.

>>

>>3720 Incoming, not outgoing though right? What if every month it sends some information from your phone to the FBI, through a pre-installed backdoor?

>>

>>3721 This would be called a Trojan, not a Backdoor. A backdoor is a hidden way to log in.

>>

>>3722 at last, I truly see

>>
Media deleted

Google is shilling for the government.

>>

PeerBlock For Android http://www.appszoom.com/android_applications/tools/peerblock-for-android_hkmfk.html

>>

Backdoor could mean trojan or an encryption backdoor, such as compromising random number generation.

>>

>>3725 The problem I see with those apps is... who controls them? Where's the source code? If it's available (IDK this app), then great, if not it's as bad as a backdoor as you don't know for sure if it truly blocks any attempts to spy on your data.

>>

Anyone else noticing the mainstream media attacking Tim Cook like crazy now?

>>

>>3724 we already know that because google are complete jews

>>

>>3710 the only reason apple are not doing it is because it would lose them money. End of story

>>

If the FBI win theyre not going to find anything worthwhile on the iphone anyway

>>

>Specifically, the FBI wants us to make a new version of the iPhone operating system, circumventing several important security features, and install it on an iPhone recovered during the investigation. This doesn't make sense. It wouldn't unencrypt the data, as they still wouldn't have the key and it was encrypted before the backdoor, so there would be no way to "track" the encryption process. If they end up "backdooring" this single phone then it's really just that they already had backdoors and this letter is just propaganda to make them look like they were forced. >3724 >his product >not his decision to make

>>

SNOWDEN AND NSA LEAKS ARE MARIONETTES PLAYS YOU RETARDS THE SYSTEM IS ALWAYS AND ALREADY IN PLACE AND NOW TOO POWERFUL FOR ONE GROUP TO RESIST FOR ANY SECRET ORGANIZATION TO COME OUT OF THE SHADOW AND REVEAL THEMSELVES, IT IS BECAUSE THEY ALREADY HAVE PARAMOUNT POWER FOR THE FORESEEABLE TIMES AND EVENT AHEAD WITH ADEQUATE RESOURCE TO REFORM INTO SOMETHING ELSE IF THEY DO FALL FROM POWER THIS IS A LAW OF WAR FROM ANCIENT MANUSCRIPTS AND SOMETHING EVERY SINGLE POWERFUL INTELLIGENCE COMMUNITY AND GOVERNMENT IN THE WORLD ADHERE TO

>>

>>3773 And somehow ISIS is a thing..

>>

>>3774 Pssst, don't feed his paranoia, he'll only shout in all caps that ISIS is part of 𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗠 too. It's all one big conspiracy..

>>
Media deleted

>>3775 Shh

>>
Media deleted

>>3775 All caps makes any statement instantly right, you know...

>>
Media deleted

>>3759 there is a lot of money on selling user data today. Which is why hottolink bought 4chan through Hiro as a proxy