/nsa/ - my end goal is to become opsec but to do s
Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

Tutelary Technology - /nsa/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

This thread has been flagged as old and contains pop-up ads.
Replying will revoke its old status.

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Media deleted

my end goal is to become opsec but to do so i ask you *whats the best encryption software *whats the best browser *whats the best browser addons *whats the best/most secure os *how to block unwanted traffic and just the general in between of how to stay hidden

>>

You will reach your goal when you fully realize that nothing is secure, and that the privacy that this technology offers us is only temporary. That being said, I will give you some answers. What works for me may be inappropriate for you. *whats the best encryption software This really depends on what you're trying to do. *whats the best browser They're all suspicious, some more suspicious than others. Browsers provide accessibility over security or privacy. Hacking Firefox to mimic the Tor Browser Bundle is difficult and requires continued attention, using the TBB means you will be swept up in the fed's next zero-day. As far as I know other browsers don't come near providing this level of functionality. Chrome (or any Google software) seems like a bad idea, just read the TOS. *whats the best browser addons Noscript RequestPolicy Adblock-plus (all without whitelisting) and HTTPSEverywhere. *whats the best/most secure os Any of the might be secure from time to time. *how to block unwanted traffic With a firewall.

>>
Media deleted

>browser Apart from Tor Browser it's Palemoon and IceCat. >OS Whonix and Tails.

>>

>>3594 You don't read the news? I think it's very clear tor is unsafe with so many arrests globally.

>>

>>3595 garlic?

>>

>>3595 I don't think you understand appropriate use of Tor. Tor keeps your ISP from spying on you. It doesn't help you against global actors like the Feds

>>

>>3575 >create your own encryption because there is no good software anon :3 >best browser is firefox :3 >best addons: DownThemAll, GoogleSharing, HTTPS-Everywhere, NoScript and Ghostery >linux is secure as far as you know how to use it and it is not targeted a lot of by hackers like windows. >it is complex, but you can block traffic from the snoopy companies with using PeerBlock >how to stay hidden xd Change mac everyday, use a purchased vpn and make sure that they don't save logs, never put your name or anything on social media (or don't fucking use them), don't trust google services and never upload your files on a some free bullshit website.I can't tell you more cause i don't know how much do you wanna stay hidden or why anon

>>

>>3588 I've heard ublock is better than adblock plus. Also, self-destructing cookies is a good addon if you plan to use cookies. >>3595 Most arrests I've heard about have been people doing stupid things like having a tor-email that uses their real life name.

>>

>>3575 >see sticky dd is best encryption imho browser: any firefox derivative that allows the vast selection of addons for privacy addons: see sticky best OS: OpenBSD, Tails, Whonix (possibly others) blocking traffic: modify you router to alow traffic through certain ports only, then configure all your software to use those. you can reconfigure the port choice regularly to avoid trail and error attempts also a network monitor would be usefull to see traffic and allow you to discover unknown sources

>>

>>3605 >make sure that they don't save logs How exactly? >never put your name or anything on social media (or don't fucking use them), don't trust google services and never upload your files on a some free bullshit website Why not? I do this all the time, on my normie computer, so I look like a normie to the outside world... this way I look much less suspicios than if I only did all these opsec stuff.

>>

>>3609 >How exactly? theres vpns which dont store logs, its pretty much that simple

>>

>>3595 Watch this video: DEF CON 22 - Adrian Crenshaw- Dropping Docs on Darknets: How People Got Caught https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQ2OZKitRwc

>>

>>3610 No it isn't. You can't -- or more accurately SHOULDN'T -- trust VPN providers when they say they don't keep logs. Hidemyass said that, and look at what happened to the retarded anon who trusted them. Commercial VPNs are still good, you just have to understand their strengths and weaknesses. If you want no logging, buy your own VPS in Russia or something and create your own VPN.

>>

>>3845 What's the story about the retarded anon? I assume the website just helped some government?

>>

>>3851 https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-mull-fraudster-database-in-wake-of-lulzec-fiasco-111006/ He was doing high profile hacking using a VPN as his only defense. When contacted by law enforcement the VPN provider handed over logs, even though they'd promised that they didn't keep logs, and the retarded legionfag got owned. Moral of the story: Don't let the only thing standing between you and prison be the word of a corporation. That's beyond stupid and you deserve it when you get v&.

>>

dm-crypt + LUKS TOR Browser Ublock origin + hosts file Tails + Debian Jessie + grsecurity + librebooted thinkpad Good Luck.

>>

>>3606 >Most arrests I've heard about have been people doing stupid things like having a tor-email that uses their real life name. this, there has been no TOR arrests due to TOR itself having a weakness, as far as I know

>>

>>3575 I think the only way you will ever be secure is by working for the FBI/NSA/DoD or for the drug cartels/mafia. If you're a private citizen you're not being backed by anyone strong enough to protect you.

>>

What does everyone know about External USB HDD's? I just recently purchased a 1TB and I have partitioned it for recovery and space as well as a partition to boot Tails. Is it safe to boot tails Live from a portable external hard drive? Or should i just go with the normal procedure of installing tails on two flash drives with persistence?

>>

>Buy the best wifi antenna you can get your hands on (Buy it anonymously, ofc... Cash purchase or BTC and get it delivered to an address that can't be traced to you) >Live in the city >Hack the wifi of random people who live as far from you as possible while still getting a decent connection >Spoof MAC, connect >Do whatever the fuck you want *Hacking wifi is extremely easy; most people don't know anything about security and never disable WPS which means you can brute force their router with 100% success rate... Look it up on youtube if you don't know about it