/nsa/ - Is TeamSpeak3 safe? I noticed that they s
Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

Tutelary Technology - /nsa/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

This thread has been flagged as old and contains pop-up ads.
Replying will revoke its old status.

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Image Thumbnail

Is TeamSpeak3 safe? I noticed that they save all logs in C:\Users\"yourpc"\AppData\Roaming\TS3Client\chats What is the meaning of this? Does these logs are being uploaded somewhere?

>>

>>3338 I imagine they log your chat on their own private server, but the logs in that directory are simply for your convenience. check their privacy statement before you take my word for it (also please post back with that you find)

>>

>>3339 It looks fine anon.

>>

>>3339 >trusting a privacy statement People lie. I don't really use voice chat software anymore, but I'm sure there's one that's libre and allows you to run your own server. Wouldn't stop anyone from catching the data as it transfers, but at least it would stop some snooping. There may even be some encrypted option, though I imagine that would throw in at least a bit of delay.

>>

>>3450 This

>>

Safe for what?

>>

Does anyone know if teamspeak is open source, or is there a paper going over a wireshark analysis of it?

>>

>>3454 I tried to find the ips with whom i'm talking to and i just can't. I only find the ip of the server.

>>

>>3452 Means who can listen to what i'm saying and where the log stored

>>

Pretty much anything in windows isn't going to be safe for privacy.

>>

>>3459 Right click the persons name, then client connection info. Their IP is right there