/nsa/ - For Stallman's sake /nsa/, we're
Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

Tutelary Technology - /nsa/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

This thread has been flagged as old and contains pop-up ads.
Replying will revoke its old status.

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Media deleted

For Stallman's sake /nsa/, we're getting nowhere: we desperately need a better sticky, with good links and information; a guide like "how to escape the matrix" etc would be great for any newcomer or interested individual (eg. me "haha") with no knowledge in computers; we need to grow our numbers, get people off Windows OEMs/firmwares and make people independent, despite this: the irony is that self-digging doesn't work for most people considering so many sources can be faulty and there are too many distractions like take the example of the debian picture in the sticky, it took me ages to finally chance it - i still have no idea who the tiny little man with sunglasses is :D - also it is more than a year old now we can start pointing out step by step hardware/software acquisition, some basic info on computer parts/maths/script language, live USB setup, uninstalling factory OS etc if any of you work in IT/EE you shouldn't just laugh at plebs doing other things and pet them when they come to you asking basic things - drop the bomb on them - let's be better, get a cloak and chat on IRC - its always just 2 people sitting there Hopefully board owner will see this, i will be interested in what you thinks alright thanks for reading chums TL;DR we need a better sticky

>>

>>3326 >>3326 also love you guys, have a nice day

>>

Is there a safe way to actually get the TOR browser bundle? It's well known that all ISP's in the USA and EU log the ip's of those who visit the official site and send them to alphabet agencies for surveillance.

>>

>>3328 nothing is truly secure in this world a safe way would be using a very safe OS, with vpn + proxy + tor nodes with a neutral ISP in Switzerland or something

>>

>>3328 you can get tor from linux directories not based in the US or EU if you wish, it's a littler harder for windows as you would have to find some obscure file hosting site to download from >>3326 Anyone may make a thread about the sticky and any appropriate suggestions or comments will be added >the small guy is the head developer for OpenBSD

>>

>>3333 cool mate i'll get onto it; i'll guinea pig myself after Christmas work break

>>

>>3328 download it from a free public wifi, then install at home.