Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

Tutelary Technology - /nsa/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Media deleted
Thread was moved to Off Topic

What VPN do you guys use? Personally I'm using privateinternetaccess.com

>>

>>2469 That is run by the nsa, don't do anything illegal with it, just use it to stay anon, and your good m8. "Private Internet Access is a VPN service brought by London Trust Media, Inc., operating out of the US" http://vpnpick.com/reviews/private-internet-access/

>>

>>2471 They mention on their site that they don't log anything. Is there some reason I shouldn't believe that?

>>

> Private Internet Access doesn’t log information, a stance we’ve held since our inception. So even if the NSA decided to request information from PIA, our policy to not log information would leave the Agency with no customer data to gather. > https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/nsa-re-education

>>

>>2472 About as many reasons as you should. If they did, could those logs be used in court?

>>

>>2474 I'm pretty sure they can't use logs that they say they aren't making. Either way I'm not in the US so it could be a strange legal battle.

>>

>>2474 >>2481 Maybe not, but it would warrant a larger investigation. In most cases logs wouldnt be enough to arrest someone, they will move on to monitoring you closely, hoping to catch you in the act and see if you had any accomplices. In court they wouldnt have to go into that much detail on why the investigation was started, as long as a judge signed off on it, they could use illegal logs and get away with it.

>>

>>2481 you really should think in that way, and by that way I mean the "trusting" way, because essentially what will happen will be that in court they will say they made logs (or the government will take those logs and use them) and your argument will be "but they said they wouldn't" which will give them possibly a small fine, and you will still serve whatever sentence it is you are being held in court for. Use it as generic browsing protection but never trust fully any service you yourself can't see fully

>>

So what should I be doing instead? I don't really do anything that illegal, I've opened some of the less clean boards on here but I really don't think I'll be caught for opening those once (it was genuinely an accident so) I just don't feel like anything I do is important enough to warrant the NSA reading my data

>>

>>2493 No one's reading it, but they sure are collecting it. Storage isnt an issue now like it was 10-20 years ago. Open those boards 10 more times and you get moved to the reading list.

>>

>>2495 They... They lied to me??

>>

>>2496 Just in general, no idea on privateinternetaccess. PIA's USA based though, make of that what you will.

>>

>>2500 Wouldn't the USA have some rules against lying to people like that? False advertising and related shit.. Although, I wouldn't put it past the NSA to let them off if they passed over the data..

>>

>>2515 It's like a cop telling you he's not a cop when you sell or buy drugs from him, or a cop saying she's not a cop when she offers you sex and arrests you for soliciting a prostitute.

>>

>>2538 Well, my browsing habits are boring enough tbh. I did download tor though, and it was fast enough that I could /probably/ use it for day to day stuff

>>

>>2469 I reccommend A/I (Autistici / Inventati). They provide privacy-conscious VPNs, weblogs, e-mail service, etc etc. You do have to request an account, though, but they're if they let you in. http://autistici.org/ http://inventati.org/ I have an @inventati.org email and use their VPN. I also have a .noblogs.org (their weblog service) blog that I used to use.

>>

>>2557 isn't the VPN super-slow though?

>>

Mullvad

>>

I use FrootVPN, its average in speed(3.0mb/s), but connection availability is shit, I once tried to connect like 10 times until it did.

>>

>>2686 this

>>

I use cyberghost free vpn because i am a cheap fuck am i being monitored already? I looked at the privacy policy on the site and they say they log nothing And, as far as I know, no one has complained about this service

>>

>>2704 Its not hosted in the USA, so as long as your not in the US either, your prob ok. Even if your in the US, that vpn is better then none at all. https://torrentfreak.com/which-vpn-services-take-your-anonymity-seriously-2014-edition-140315/2/ I had to hit pagedown ten times to get to the article.. I promise its there lel. Also, can u use a vpn and tor together? Always wondered how that would work?

>>
>>

I guess part of the problem with it being hosted in the US is that even if they don't log anything right now, if the NSA decided they wanted the data, they could definitely tell them to start logging.

>>

does anybody have any good malware free vpn/proxies. also please fill me in on the matter because im not 100% sure on how they work/ how to set them up

>>

I tried OpenVPN. It works for me, and I tested looking at my IP in google. It said it was the VPN's IP. There's a 500 mb limit though, so I could only use it for maybe two days (not straight) and just trash it. Going to try the free GhostVPN now though.

>>

I use mullvad and I am happy with it. Best vpn provider I used so far.

>>

>>2877 what protocol do they use? OpenVPN?

>>
Media deleted

>>2877 >>2878 Two year Mullvad customer here, happy aswell. They use OpenVPN, although they support PTPP for legacy devices/operating systems. They allow you use the same subscription on up to three devices the same time. You can forward up to 5 ports. Your speeds won't be as fast as without a VPN, but that's to be expected AFAIK. On a 120 Mbit connection the maximum donwload speed from private tracker torrents was 7-8MB/s. With Mullvad, this scales down to 4-5MB/s. I haven't made more exact measures, so I can't supply them. Also, the two devices weren't even the same room (one was close to the wireless router). They also were the first service to accept Bitcoin. The privacy policy is no-nonsense, no cucking, no referencing obscure legal documents, etc. but pure basedness: https://mullvad.net/en/v2/price-terms#privacy-policy The only negative I can say (beside the speed reduction) is that their GUI VPN-client for Linux claims to be the "Linux client" yet it practically only works on Debian GNU/Linux and it's derivatives. It also has a ton of python dependencies. But you can use their config files with anything that runs OpenVPN and openresolv. If your OS doesn't have openresolv, you can download an openresolv script or write your own. Also, although this is not Mullvad's fault, but Mullvad IPs are now recognized by 4chan and Rizon and they mostly put them in their DNSBL sadly. Free speech and anonimity my ass...

>>

TorrentPrivacy. The VPN socks but the torrent proxy is Hella fast.

>>

mullvad

>>

>>2926 > The VPN socks heh

>>

>>2705 https://torrentfreak.com/anonymous-vpn-service-provider-review-2015-150228/ There's a 2015 review

>>

>>2876 Ghost or Cyberghost?

>>

>>2469 hotspot shield

>>

privateinternetaccess <3

>>

I'm very happy with GhostPath. They allow cash payments and have a pretty spiffy interface with some nice features. I moved to them from BTGaurd, no issues yet with dropped connections or anything.

>>

>>2879 >but Mullvad IPs are now recognized by 4chan and Rizon and they mostly put them in their DNSBL sadly. Free speech and anonimity my ass... 4chan has been banning VPN IPs and proxies since as far back as I can remember. They systematically block every one they can get their hands on, you don't even have to do anything to get banned. They basically want you to post with your ISP's IP. That, plus the google captcha is a fine way to track people.

>>

>>3395 Yeah, 4chan was never about anonymity.

>>

I use the animal fuckers at cryptostorm. They seem to take their shit seriously, even though one of the members was arrested for fucking cows or some shit.

>>

I've found quite a lot of proxies that aren't banned on 4chan. Just go to a site like: https://incloak.com/proxy-list/ And start running through them. You'll find a working one in like 10 minutes. Attach that to the end of your tor connection and spam away.

>>

>>3409 The owner was arrested for smuggling 328lbs of cocaine in his car. And he's not in prison. There is only one possible explanation for this. You can find this story easily via search engines. You should not be using cryptostorm.

>>

>>3429 >The owner was arrested for smuggling 328lbs of cocaine in his car. And he's not in prison. >There is only one possible explanation for this. Prisons are too full for nonviolent criminals?