Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

Tutelary Technology - /nsa/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Media deleted

what ever happened to usenet?

>>

overchan

>>
Media deleted

>>1907 superseded by image based discussion forums like this one

>>

>>1909 I forgot how we can upload terabytes of data here- oh wait.

>>

>>1920 well that's what storage servers are for

>>

>>1920 uploading data? you know computers were never built to do such a thing and you should report to your nearest intellectual property reeducation camp for even suggesting such a thing is possible!

>>

>>1922 Then how the fuck does chans supersede usenet?

>>

>>1936 it's an intermediate for discussion and then inevitably links to data that has been discussed/requested

>>

>>1937 Yeah, no. That's like saying PCs are superseded by phones now that it can do some of PC's shit now. Usenet is an ever reliable filehost with the added bonus that you can discuss whatever on it. Chans are purely just imageboards.

>>

>>1923 I am better check my upload Privilege.

>>

but one used to be able to usenet for free. i've not seen that available since the mid '90s. anyone?

>>
Media deleted

pic for good measure and front page advertisment.

>>

>>1952 sure it's good but image boards are speedier with less split between discussion for each singular file so a greater sense of community. (actually not sure how the discussion on usenet works) >>1971 :)

>>

>>1977 Usenet isn't a discussion board, anon, but I've yet to see anyone here upload a 50gig file. >>1909 is probably just trolling and doesn't know what usenet is.

>>

>>1994 but why would anyone want that? Not even bluray is 50gb so you would be looking at maybe a shit tonne of classical music in FLAC?

>>

>>2004 Not the point. Point is you can't do so in here so how imageboards supersede usenet is beyond me.

>>

>>2020 just based on usefullness, imageboards market to a wider range of people than sites used to upload high file size

>>

>>2026 They are entirely different things. It's like comparing a hammer to a wrench.

>>

I love this!

>>

>>1994 Use Freenet

>>

>>2048 Yes, and get cp downloaded to your pc even when you don't visit it. Very smart.

>>

>>2227 Let's wait for MegaNet and hope it isnt a honeypot too

>>

>>2227 It's jumbled and encrypted. Won't hold up in court but I see why people would be adverse to it, morally speaking.

>>

>>1923 This anon gets it. Just put all your stuff on the Cloud, heck put all your programs on there too. Just make sure you pay your subscription charges on time :^)

>>

>>2048 Yes, yes, yes. This. Freenet is da best.