/nsa/ - I'm completely inept when it comes to
Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

Tutelary Technology - /nsa/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

This thread has been flagged as old and contains pop-up ads.
Replying will revoke its old status.

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Media deleted

I'm completely inept when it comes to technology, but please hear me out. I post on masterchan's /b/ (as Lucy) and I have been told that I could get advice on how to protect myself from being doxxed. Any advice would be great- I post using an iPad mini sometimes. Thank you!

>>

>>1662 problem number 1: you use an apple product problem number 2: you post your identity online, what did you think was going to happen?

>>

>>1662 Live with different masterchan anons every month. That way you have tons of different houses to live at, and you can't get doxxed.

>>
Media deleted

>>1662 >image.jpg Checks out

>>

>>1662 you say you post as lucy as if you're not actually her is the /b/ thread a fake? say it ain't so :o >don't show your uniform too much, databases could be used to find out what school it is just from the tie - these are police databases though. alternatively, someone could just recognise the logo or find out what school it belongs to. >EXIF information. i'm not sure what this is all that much, maybe someone could elaborate for me cos i'm sort of interested. i'm not sure if mchan deletes this information automatically or what. it's information pictures leave behind. idk what this information is though. >don't sell dna samples >don't click on links, it could be a fake link so they can get your ip also, requesting finger in butthole pics. post it on the /b/ thread thanks.

>>

>>1664 or this. i'm in birmingham, you seem like you could get me drugs. get me some.

>>
Media deleted

use sites that delete EXIF data like this http://www.verexif.com/en/ then post the image. Using an apple product it's like yelling "i'm here ", try to use a PC if you can. Maybe it's obvious but: NO SNAPCHAT,NO SKYPE,NO MAIL, NO FACEBOOK AND NO YOUTUBE ACCOUNT LINKED WITH A MAIL YOU USE(like for Facebook,forums or...just emails). No fucking apps, they are exploitable like an infant's ass(bad picture but it's true) one little trick? Start using Tor.

>>

Thanks for all the advice, much appreciated - I'm real, sorry for the confusing wording!

>>

>>1668 How would I go about using tor?

>>

>>1670 you should have a pc or an a android device and download it https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en download and install the bundle then open it:it's like firefox(well IT'S firefox) or any browser, then browse and post on Masterchan. it's slower but safer.

>>

>>1662 Lucy, hi see this thread https://masterchan.org/nsa/thread/1473 and use an /nsa/ shared account These two have more than 500 posts each. AnonID:password tor1:tor2 mchannn:mmmchan Be anonymous by blending into th crowd.

>>
Media deleted

>>1663 >problem number 1: you use an apple product >mfw it's absolutely true and I still use my iPhone to browse Masterchan >>1662 Doxxing someone is finding someones adress out, mostly through images with EXIF data. The EXIF data is a shit feature that every picture you take with a GPS capable device with internet connection (basically every smartphone) has. The EXIF data says where you took the photo, with which device you took it, the time you took the photo and so on. What can you do: You can delete the EXIF data like >>1668. But don't worry, I think masterchan has a feature that it automatically deletes the EXIF data of every picture. So you mustn't worry about us per se. Even if someone from /b/ saved your pics and posted it on other places, there wouldn't be any EXIF and nobody would know your adress. just be careful if you post on 4chan or other places: they don't delete the exif and you can get doxxed very easily. The last thing is that many people already know some things about you. We know that your name is Lucy, vagualy where you live (you once tod that you live in the near of London, in a suburb) and how you look like. That's actually no problem since this isn't enough to doxx you but it will come very handy if you reveal MORE things about you. Please don't say anything about your life or your parents. If we know the workplace of your mother and your surname, then we could find out where you live and this wouldn't be good. And don't say to which school you go or someone will wait there until you come out. Ok, that sounds pretty harsh, Masterchan has only about 300 regular users and I don't think that someone lives near to you AND wants to stalk you. Don't worry, Lucy, nothing can happen by now, you can post as much nudes as you want and nothing would happen at all haha But keep in mind what I and everyone else said: no personal information! Or I will send you a letter so you know that you got doxxed

>>

>>1704 >I think masterchan has a feature that it automatically deletes the EXIF data of every picture source?

>>

In that hope, that you are fine. Png is doxxing an outrage. :-) Apple sux btw...

>>
Media deleted

>>1707 From an old ass thread from /b/ But you can always Check the EXIF data of Lucys images. I haven't found any. Lucy is safe

>>
Media deleted

>>1662 lulz, I've missed this thread last time. Never knew she actually made a thread here asking for advice.