/nsa/ - What country do I move too to get away fro
Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

Tutelary Technology - /nsa/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

This thread has been flagged as old and contains pop-up ads.
Replying will revoke its old status.

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Media deleted

What country do I move too to get away from the NSA and their partners in crime?

>>

>>1265 Switzerland?

>>

>>1265 Romania

>>
Media deleted

>>1265 GNU/Linux m8

>>

>>1283 that girl is really just not very nice to look at

>>

I'm pretty sure Brasil is exempt from some NSA rules

>>

>>1309 yea but brazil has organ harvesting in the extreme, plus: huehuehuehuehue Who wants that

>>

North Korea.

>>

>>1283 >>1283 GNU philosophy is fucking disgusting. the GNU GPL is just as bad as proprietary software but in reverse. it tries to pass itself off as allowing the most freedom possible but it achieves that by further restricting the rights of its developers by making them HAVE to release their work as GNU GPL as well if it even has a single line of GNU-licensed code. so while it's trying to create a system where software is always progressing forwards and people are always learning and implementing each other's code instead of reinventing the wheel, what happens is it ends up making people who desire to make something proprietary like, say, a competitive video game where having the game be open source would make it much easier to hack or create bots, if that person wants to use a function for netcode that was really well made in a GPL game, they now have to release their entire game open source. GNU is the definition of extreme left authoritarianism.

>>

>>1394 tripcode: be4wesome ?

>>

Why the fuck would you want to move away from them?

>>

>>1451 keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer?

>>

You can't escape big brother

>>

Nowhere

>>

>>1265 Antartica

>>

>country System of nation-states is fundamentally incompatible with freedom from surveillance.

>>

http://www.electronictorture.com/ Sorry for ot, but I can't make a new thread yet Is this shit real?

>>

>>1550 Some of it's possible, some of it's debatable, and others are outright rediculous. This is a common disinformation tactic, lump in a bunch of shit on top of reality in hopes that people will end up rejecting all of it.

>>
Media deleted

>>1550 US military has already field tested a microwave emitter vehicle platform. Its effects were deemed too inhumane and was pull out by the Generals overseeing its operation. I don't know if the corp that designed it (most assuredly, this tech is from DARPA with a corp manufacturing) just didn't have enough backing in the Pentagon or if their concerned that it might become a staple in the battlefield where no known counter for it exists. So they just might be afraid that it might fall into the wrong hands in case. The only real electronic torture I'm aware of is my ISPs unrelenting assault to my torrent speed lol.

>>

>>1553 I think the reason is that it's probably too hard to control, microwaves bounce, how does the user of the weapon know the beam isn't going to bounce right back at them? Wouldn't they need a faraday cage suit to use the weapon? And wouldn't it be about as obvious as blasting someone with a flame thrower? Microwaves will make clothes melt and catch fire.

>>

https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-congress/house-bill/4681 well fellow chums, it was fun while it lasted

>>

>>1558 >Microwaves will make clothes melt and catch fire. I thought that it only affected organics(namely anything with water content)?

>>

>>1394 >a competitive video game where having the game be open source would make it much easier to hack or create bots, if that person wants to use a function for netcode that was really well made in a GPL game, they now have to release their entire game open source. This is a really good point. Never thought about this. I agree with your assessment overall, but I still prefer GPL-licensed software over proprietary software, when possible, in large part because the community knows what's in the code so malicious code can be exposed. However, I do think GPL's really restrictive for developers, as you have stated, and I really dislike it for that reason.

>>

>>1265 Any country in South America, except Colombia, Brazil and Mexico.

>>

what about countires like romania and bulgaria? The ones that are under the arm of mother russia?

>>

>>1609 That's like trading one master for another. Russia is openly hostile to US intervention on their soil. But Russian will still spy on you. Every country spies on it's citizens. There's no exception.

>>

>>1610 yea but at least russians don't lie about it

>>
Media deleted

>>1567 for one, an organic is something with a carbon base, not water >lrn2chemistry for another, microwave radiation will be absorbed by bonds at a wide range of wavelengths, not just those around the oxygen-hydrogen covalent bond, so many other substances which are not water based can still be damaged by them

>>

>>1589 care to explain?

>>

>>2888 Not that anon, but I'd say it's because Brazil was being spied by the NSA, and Colombia (or Ecuador, I can't remember) tried to collect information from its citizens sometime ago. No idea about Mexico, but why would anyone want to live there? The governments here don't seem to care about mass surveillance to the extent of the USA or Europe, yet. For example, piracy is illegal, but you can download all you want without using encryption whatsoever and you will never receive anything from your ISP except for the bill at the end of each month.

>>

Sweden

>>

>>1265 Africa, south America, central Asia, Mongolia. >>1394 >where having the game be open source would make it much easier to hack or create bots If you rely on security through obscurity only. Protip: it never lasts long. I don't disagree with the rest though.

>>

Germany and Russia are your best options.

>>

>>1265 brazil

>>

>>3064 > Germany Bwahahaha, you're kidding right?

>>
Media deleted

>>2874 why did i click that

>>