Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

Movies - /Movies/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Image Thumbnail

Joker sucked. I mean sure, it was fairly decent, but by no way does it deserve to be the highest grossing movie. All this movie is, is a "sympathy for the devil" movie. It's just one sob story after the other, to justify why somebody is going around killing people. ...and it's not that I think that it's a poor excuse. It's just that it's such simple writing, and it's been written many times over to excuse countless badguys, while other writers have made more complex efforts of portraying the Joker. ...and what pisses me off the most is that if this is the type of origin story that we're going with, then The Joker loses all meaning. Back in my day The Joker was a psychopath - plain and simple. He was just born evil, as many real criminals are, and as such he has his own psychopathic comedy. ...and the challenge that he presented to Batman, was that he was evil, incurable, and would escape time and time again, which made him a test of Batman's pacifism and patience. The Joker had no redeeming qualities, and THAT WAS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE JOKER. You can made The Joker real and gritty, without making him a tragic figure, but somehow everyone's too much of a PUSSY to do that. ...and this movie had little else than sob-stories going for it. The slow dancing was especially void of meaning - like something straight out of Twin Peaks. 2 / 5

>>

>>787 >hasn't read any of the comics xDDDDD you are certainly welcome to your opinion friend :)

>>

>>788 Oh, look at mister "I've read a few modern retcons and now I'm an expert." over here. I've read/watched plenty of the retconned origin stories, and many of them missed the point just as much - depressed writers trying to rewrite the Joker as somebody sympathetic, completely ruining him, just because they didn't get the guy. ...but beyond this, it doesn't help that the movie Joker is actually just the movie The King of Comedy - sometimes scene for scene - but with the Joker inserted into it. They didn't even have a script for the movie - that's how poor quality Joker is. That's how much they just cashed this movie in. ...and now they're talking about a sequel? A sequel of what? Batman is like eight years old in this movie - what is Joker gonna do? Escape and shoot some more random people to the tune of more sob stories? These new Joker fans are just pathetic. Get another hero, and leave The Joker alone.

>>

>>787 good analysis on the joker being batman's test of virtue. One thing I really disliked on the movie, was that it relied too much on music to make emotinal scenes, it came off as immature and juvenile

>>

>>790 You probably have the post-kill bathroom scene in mind, where Arthur just goes into a bathroom as starts silently dancing just to be artsy. "How does the Joker feel right now? What are his thoughts on all of this? The audience wants some sort of replection, but we don't have a clue, so let's just have him dance for a bit." I hated Heath Ledger's Joker, but even Ledger's Joker had more depth than this. Ledger's Joker could at least put his nihilism into words, and wasn't just a pull on heartstrings.

>>

Jeesus some actual spastics in this thread

>>

>>789 give me a film you thought was good?

>>

>>787 It seems like you've read like 2-3 batman comics involving the joker. ngl your understanding of his character is pretty warped

>>

>Jeesus some actual spastics in this thread Welcome to Enrive - home of the spastics. Embrace the retardation. >give me a film you thought was good? Well, since we're going with a Joker theme, Falling Down (1993) was good, and the remake of The Shining (1997). They both feature a tragic villain, in a much better expressed way. >It seems like you've read like 2-3 batman comics involving the joker. ngl your understanding of his character is pretty warped Fine: Batman is ruined then. You happy? From now on Batman will just be a guy who goes after victims who fight the system that betrayed them. He'll be a sort of Judge Dredd, but in a bat suit. ...and there are no psychopaths in Gotham . no truly evil people, because evil doesn't exist, don't be silly. There are no gang rapists or hobo murderers - just downtrodden people who rises up, you fucking SJW. All people are just good, until the system turns people evil, and Batman is actually the real villain in your clever, clever hot take. I don't care if Batman is ruined, so you can have him. Tear him to shreads with your SJW bullshit. Make Harley Quinn an antihero feminist for all I care. Poor Harley Quinn: An angel who donated to the poor until she was raped by Batman so bad that she turned evil.

>>

>>795 yup you're just trolling :/ was a decent bait tbh, about 5/10 but I suggest going to more active site like reddit if you want to trigger more people

>>

>>796 >you're just trolling I'll tell you who's trolling: Todd Phillips is trolling.