Enrive[a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x]

Literature - /lit/[Catalog][Board FAQ]

[?]

TopBottom
Image Thumbnail

What does /lit/ think of this? Is this THE philosophical work of our generation? http://mundusmillennialis.com/

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>176 Some of the quotes are pretty good. Are those original or copy/pasted?

>>

what is that bird? i know it from somewhere.

>>

>>267 there are two birds in this thread m8

>>

what is that bird? i know it from somewhere.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>267 >>297 athena's owl. it was on the greek tetradrachma. pic related

>>

>>176 >http://mundusmillennialis.com/ cool cursor, chum!

>>

>>176 >199. ALTHOUGH WISE, OWLS ARE BIRDS OF PREY. Who said owls are wise? They are animals and act according to their nature. They are not inherently "wise".

>>

im gonna tell a story from 1975 there was a Bill in front of congress and the senate in 1975 in the USA ... i was a small child 9-ish. the bill was laughed out of the congress ...then the senate.., and laughed at by the people of the USA. It was considered silly and even 'communist , the bill was gonna make in MANDATORY that all people MUST wear a seat belt at all times on the road . It was actually LAUGHED at by the American people in 1975. it was a joke. (like I said , I was there) 20 years later , around 1995 , they did it... with no real resistance from ...anyone. They acclimated an ENTIRE GENERATION to the idea.. and did it . now re-read the -philosophy link above

>>

>>305 You talk as if it were an ideology. In those years there were real scientific studies that proved without any dobubt that seatbelts can save lifes. I think I get what you're saying but you picked the worst possible example.

>>

>>307 point missed. it is not about science. it is not about safety. it is not about lives saved. it is about freedom.

>>

>>321 In an ideal world you would be right. But then... the assholes sue the estate for their accidents instead of own their stupidity. In the real world freedom allows leeches to live for free with the taxes paid by others.

>>

>>301 The same could be said of anyone. You do not understand the concept of wisdom

>>

>>322 That is the opposite of freedom. If there is freedom a man is entitled to what he earns and the state doesnt reach into his pockets to nourish the parasites. You must pay taxes because if you dont you will be arrested or killed. This is not freedom.

>>

>>300 HUMANS ARE DIVIDED INTO TWO OVERGENERAL CATEGORIES: OF THOSE WHO ARE IMPELLED BY THE FORCES OF DUALISM, AND OF THOSE WHO ARE NOT

Update 5