Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

global - /global/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Image Thumbnail
Thread was moved to Off Topic

What do you think will happen? For those out of the loop: >Twitter starts adding a "get the facts" link directly embedded into trump's tweets, to contradict or correct what he was saying. >Very quickly the US government starts moving to pass an executive order related to that somehow - nobody knows what to expect yet. >It is likely that it will do with section 230 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_230_of_the_Communications_Decency_Act - basically, when twitter started editing Trump's tweets and linking to their own content, they were acting as publishers of information, rather than just providers of a platform. If twitter is a publisher not a platform, it can be sued for any information that exists on its platform, rather than only the person who posted the information there being liable for being sued. A big stretch, but IF websites such as Facebook and Twitter, to remain with the status of platforms and not publishers, are forced to adhere to US free speech laws and can no longer remove any "hate speech" or otherwise legal content, they would all essentially become Enrive clones. My work here would be done. You'd be able to go to facebook and twitter and post the exact same content you would be able to do here, without fear of censorship. So, what is your guess as to what will happen?

>>

>>26250 > "hate speech" > quotation marks So, Gadmin is a Nazi after all. I knew it.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>26251 >wants free speech >is a nazi

>>

>>26251 This explains why my anti-German threads on /b/ got off-topic-ed. So in the end Masterchan is nothing but yet another pro-German propaganda board, just like the hundreds of other chans. Nothing unique about it.

>>

I'm leaving this website. Hopefully forever. Keep sucking German dick.

>>

Couldn't post this in /pol/, huh. Why guess? All I know is that something lulzy is going to happen. Maybe they'll sue. Maybe the US government will seize Twitter. Ask someone who knows. Trump - in his quest to destroy America and hand it over to his masters in Kreml - will at least TRY anything. ...and if he succeeds with Twitter, maybe Google is next. Any big American company he can get at. ...but no, it won't turn Twitter into Enrive. The beauty of Enrive is that you're not selling my identity, especially not to the government. At the very least Facebook has a record of shamelessly doing that. If I post in /b/ here on Enrive as the low IQ fucktard that I am, I find that at least 50% of any topics I post, gets moved to off-topic, which is a form of censorship, because you don't like those topics. /b/ is for topics that please Gadmin - I've learned that a long time ago. In the end I just gave up trying to figure out what qualified as appropriate on /b/, and made /p/ instead. ...so a lack of censorship is not the beauty of Enrive.

>>

>>26252 That's Gab in a nutshell. Nazis have been pro freedom of speech for decades now. That's basically all they talk about - that nazis should have freedom of speech. Not jews, though, or anyone else, but that's not something they openly say.

>>

>>26255 > In the end I just gave up trying to figure out what qualified as appropriate on /b/ https://enrive.org/b/FAQ

>>

The thing with putting "hate speech" in quotes, is that you seem to not even understand that there is such a concept as hate speech. Whether you believe that hate speech should be illegal or not, the definition is solid: It's spreading propaganda with an intent to incite hatred and violence against other people. This often involves stereotyping and fabrications of various degree, but can also involve systematically cherrypicking articles. It is very different from a political opinion, which freedom of speech covers, where there is some amount of sincere and factbased argumentation.

>>

>>26257 "On topic threads = Anything that is random in the unexpected sense of the word. Threads that are creative in nature, threads where its outcome can lead to happenings of small or great scale. Anything that leaves the internet a different place that it was before the thread was posted. Off topic threads = Anything else. Every day discussions and debates, requests, personal blog posts, roll threads, image dumps, your waifu or husbando." This is why nobody posts on /b/: There's a high standard. **This is both good and bad**, but it's still a standard that some posts can fall below, i.e. in order for Enrive to be censorship free for you, you have to find or create an inofficial random board. My plush waifu is best waifu. Her name is Victim and she's 0.5 meters tall. She's sitting in The Corner today, and probably tomorrow too, because she's been bad. (She fell on the floor.)

>>

>>26258 "hate speech" is in quotes because usually however is in power will apply hate speech to a group they want to protect, but not to another. In the case of twitter, they will ban any hateful speech towards minorities, but claiming white people should die is not moderated.

>>

>>26259 >This is why nobody posts on /b/ Nobody posts pretty much anywhere else since around 2016 when the community started to die out though

>>

>>26261 When I got here, it seems like Gadmin put a nazi troll in charge of moderating /b/. Was hìs spam the sole reason for people leaving?

>>

>>26262 I don't think people left, it is just that we stopped getting new people in here and the typical posters weren't enough in numbers to keep activity going all by themselves. Eventually they didn't have anything to post about once the hype for this place was gone.

>>

So, regarding OP, should we just link a bunch of latest news articles here, or what? https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2020/may/28/donald-trump-move-against-twitter-factchecking-could-backfire Personally I don't really care about social sites. People talk too much. They should fistfight more instead. It settles more arguments.

>>

>>26264 I think we have to wait until the executive order is out, everything seems to be speculation at this point

>>

Meanwhile Trump's allies just shut down the FISA act, that allows the US to track the activities of foreign spies: https://nypost.com/2020/05/26/trump-urges-republicans-to-block-bill-extending-fisa-provisions/ ...and he's citing "perpetuating the Russian witch-hunt" on him as the reason for it too. ...but all the public is butthurt about, is Twitter - lol. Have fun, Americans. I mean what can go wrong?

>>
>>

https://youtu.be/McFgMPAsq7M Haven't seen it in full yet, but Trump's announcement

>>

>>26268 This may be a pretty historical day. We'll see how this executive order will work in practice and we aren't aware of its details yet, but based on that video, it may be the day civilization has begun on the internet, by ensuring that websites that acts as platforms/forums must not censor content based on the preferences of the administrators. This can be easily achieved, legally speaking, by requiring websites to always let a banned user see why he is banned, so if there is foulplay the banned person can sue.

>>

But where would the pedos go?

>>

>>26268 Oh, holy shit. You weren't joking: No more shadowbans? I take it no more regular bans either? By extention, no throttling or promoting of content? This must mean that we'd be free to speak on the subject of child sexual rights not just on Twitter, but on all (quote) "media giant" platforms. They'd have no right to refuse us. There are laws in place against hate speech, so how will that work? Is Twitter now freed from that responsibility, and forced to allow it? Then who will remove outright dangerous or harmful content like how to build an atomic bomb in your backyard? The cops? In some ways this is the first time that I think Trump is a great guy at least in theory, but in other ways this has a very disastrous potential. Mass doxings, criminal networkings, incitements to violence and terrorism, anonymous threats, hacking exploits like the recent YouTube friends comments one, various scams... It's going to be a pretty big list of things that nobody is allowed to remove anymore. It's going to be internet anarchy, and many people will likely die. ...but hey, I like it: Give the US all the freedom it wants, and see if it chokes on it.

>>

I mean will I be able to post loads of CP on Twitter, and have them be forced to let it remain, if they want to remain a platform? I can post it behind seven proxies, so I wouldn't be scared of any consequences.

>>

...and how will this affect Enrive? If you remove illegal content now, will it make you a publication instead of a platform? ...and what does THAT entail? We don't have 100% freedom of speech here either. Spam is probably not allowed to be edited either, so looking forward to endless bot spam forever on here.

>>

Oh, I spoke too soon. They're apparently looking to "get back to a balance" and mention CP, so somehow that's probably going to be edited out. ...but I think this might be a good thing if done right - if the internet now starts to mature away from all-purpose catch-all platforms, and clearly just say that they are specific platforms for specific people and specific interests. There will be many divides into enclaves and "hugboxes", that might split companies so as not to create monopolies, but I feel like it will probably evolve the internet in a major, revolutionary way. We might be looking at the creation of a sort of cyberspace, where every site will be located according to two or more axes.

>>

>>26270 Unironically Twitter.

>>

...because let's be honest here: Twitter isn't a platform. It WANTS to be a platform, but it's not a platform. Linux is a platform. Unity is a platform. Twitter is a slutty community. It's a brand that depends on having a good reputation, which means hosting people who can live up to at least some minimum amount of benevolence and popularity. I don't remember exactly, but I think they booted Amos Yee, for example, simply for his views. Trump is far from the first "victim" of Twitter. Alex Jones is another famous name that I don't remember clearly. Yes, he was spewing all kinds of lies, but apparently lies aren't allowed on Twitter. ...and how many ISIS members have been kicked off of Twitter? Twitter just can't handle being a platform. It needs to officially convert to a gated community of good, decent, popular, honest people, who investors can be socially proud to buy stocks in.

>>
Image Thumbnail

It is too early to tell, but the reactions I am seeing suggest that what people are interpreting of the situation so far really is: either twitter and other similar sites never delete legal content, or they delete legal content and become publishers/editors and not a platform. If this is what the internet will really look like in the following weeks/months, it is huge. It will be a drastic change seeing on twitter the kind of content you'd only see in here or other fringe places. Enrive may not even be needed anymore. It will not offer anything truly unique anymore if the whole internet starts doing exactly what we have been doing. It was my intention to go Richard Stallman at some point if this place ever became big and influential, and create some sort of public space trademark that sites could have, but that would require them to only delete illegal content or they could be sued by the people defending the trademark - but it is possible Trump has done that through the law before we could even grow big enough to lead the world by this example. I am truly mind blown, but with reserved expectations.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>

>>26278 >Enrive may not even be needed anymore. It will not offer anything truly unique anymore if the whole internet starts doing exactly what we have been doing. Let's be clear here: Maybe Twitter will cave into Trump's demands if he specifically orders it to submit to the US government, but the rest of the internet won't. The rest of the internet would rather die, i.e. declare bancruptcy and move abroad to China or Russia, rather than put up with allowing the kind of dishonest bullshit that Trump is spewing. To turn free speech into an absolute tyranny like this, even if it's just the tyranny to lie and incite, just won't work. The sites won't stand for it. They'll rather move to China or any other country that will have them. ...and maybe that's Trump's plan. Maybe that's how Trump plans to move the monopoly of the internet over to Russia. The internet will not turn into Enrive. If anything, I think your site will become even MORE relevant, as the sites officially RENOUNCE freedom of speech.

>>

>>26280 > To turn free speech into an absolute tyranny like this How do you figure free speech was turned into tyranny from the executive order? It basically says that a website has to figure out if they are a content carrier or a publisher and pick one, they just can't have both at the times when ti suits them anymore.

>>
Image Thumbnail

damn it feels good being masterrace

>>
Image Thumbnail

It appears that Trump's longterm plan is to entirely revoke Section 230, but that he first has to come up with other forms of regulating legislation against CP et.c. to replace it.

>>

>>26281 >How do you figure free speech was turned into tyranny from the executive order? Not immediately right now. Right now there's only the CHOICE to buy into the free speech tyranny that he's pushing. However, I don't think that Trump has even THOUGHT about them being able to choose to become publishers, and so once that occurs to him, he might forbid that choice, at least for Twitter, saying that they just HAVE TO allow practically everything. ...because otherwise where would he post? On the White House homepage? Nobody reads that. That's not where the popular kids hang. :P

>>

>>26284 I don't think he actually intends to revoke section 230. It is not even just internet websites that benefit from this kind of mindset and laws - internet service providers, phone providers, the physical mail system, they too need to be free from liability of its users when acting as a platform.

>>

>>26288 How is ordering ISP, phone companies and mail services, to not censor anything, different from what you have now?

>>
Image Thumbnail

I don't know if he's gone from wanting to carefully revise the legislation, to wanting to revoke it as soon as possible now. I want Twitter to shadowban him at this point. I want to see how ballstic he'd get.

>>
>>

Here's the asshole at Kiwifarms going through it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4LfRBP8iJ4

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>26291 Read it. part 1/1/ I think it boils down a lot to this: >(ii) the conditions under which an action restricting access to or availability of material is not “taken in good faith” within the meaning of subparagraph (c)(2)(A) of section 230, particularly whether actions can be “taken in good faith” if they are... We'll wait how the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will actually try to regulate platform vs publisher with specific guidelines, if Trump's executive order will actually carry through its full course. They may also be coming after Papyal: >(v) acts that limit the ability of users with particular viewpoints to earn money on the platform compared with other users similarly situated. The internet was a mess where companies with the power of banks and telecommunication providers could just do whatever they wanted with their customers. This is a good step and a fair one in my opinion: nobody is saying you can't make a private forum where you control what is posted. Just that you have to pick a side, either you are private and liable for what is posted on your website, or you are not and cannot mess with people's posts. Personally I'd make this whole mess simpler, with 3 guidelines:

>>

2/2 >1 - Platform) You can advertise a website as being a platform - in this case you may not tamper with user's submissions in a way that is not applied to all users equally through the site's guidelines. When content is moderated, the person banned or whose content was moderated must have a way to get feedback on why the content was removed specifically. A platform has to have a higher degree of functionality than other sites. If you can't deliver that you can't legally own a platform. >2 - Private site) This is much like your own home. You are the boss, you can do anything you want with it, including inviting friends in and kicking them out at your leisure (a private forum) , and you are NOT liable for what they do on your site. >3 - A publisher) A publisher is liable for the content posted in their site. This would be GREAT to fight fake news and clickbait articles, because if they legally identify them as publisher's they will get sued to death. Enrive would be a platform. 4chan/twitter would be a private site. Clickbait and fake sites would be private ones as well. Proper journalism sites would be publishers but would be liable if they lie. Much like SSL/HTTPS certificates, I would let websites identify the category belong at, and once you open a site you'll immediately know what they are about, and people can make a more informed decision of what sites they want to participate in or not based on that. my 2 cents

>>

I don't like your platform category. I want a category where the users themselves have full accountability - no guidelines or moderation, just cops getting warrants and stealing user's computers, without even bothering the platform. ...like for example Cloudflare, I'd like to be that kind of platform.

>>

>>26250 when have any of these website ever maintained free speech?

>>

you know where I saw this type of mentality? when i went to Iraq!

>>

>>26297 >this type of mentality Keeping it vague there, I see. Are we talking about baking, or what?