Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

global - /global/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Image Thumbnail
Thread was moved to Off Topic

So, what is next in development? >The same way I improved the site code, I want to improve the database code (the software that actually stores posts, user accounts and so on). It is a very small task in comparison to the time it took me changing the site code, but I want to read a few programming books so give me 2 months at most to get this done, as real life obligations sometimes take a lot of my time. If not, I may get it done in some 2 to 3 weeks. >After that, I think the next step is to invest into board owner tools. We need to have a sense of community to grow, and if board owners cannot properly manage their boards that gets in the way of that. They need to be able to add moderators, moderate the moderators, and so on. >Next, I need to add a proper moderation system where global mods are publicly accountable for what they do, and so unfairly banned users or posts can be restored as if nothing happened. >Then, we need to improve the visuals of what we already have, some areas of the site are very raw, and I need to bring back things that were already working (filtering the frontpage, auto update, donating posts) What do you think? Also, if someone wants to create a discord server for us, I will add its link to the header.

>>

>What do you think? Uh, I don't know how these backend changes are going to look to us in the frontend. Right now there's no need for moderators, but I get what you're saying. My immediate problems are two: - The CSS still don't have the posting window contain the inner text window when you resize it. - Since the update I keep getting logged out about every 24-48 hours or so. (3-4 times in total.) This never happened before, and I don't want to end up IP-posting by mistake. I hope you see how my opinions are uninformed and worthless, since I can only see the tip of the iceberg, but you asked for my opinion, so there it is.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25729 > IP-posting by mistake. Well, if you're using an account with enough posts that you do not have to fill out the captcha, you don't have to worry about making a post with your ip address, as you will get the invalid captcha screen if you don't fill it out...

>>

I got this error message, while trying to upload a large PNG image: "A critical error has occurred." You might want to change this to "Image too large." or something.

>>

...but the same image (PickOne.jpg) uploaded just fine, as a jpg.

>>

>>25731 >>25732 What is the size of the PNG image?

>>

>>25733 Exactly the same size as the jpg. ...unless you're talking memory size, which is 17,0 MB. Still, I think it should give a more specific error.

>>

>>25734 This is an old bug, the maximum size you can upload is 10 mb, when you send a lot more than that, then the site code is unable to understand what went wrong. I will make a note of it to fix in the future

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25728 >board owner tools. We need to have a sense of community to grow, and if board owners cannot properly manage their boards that gets in the way of that. They need to be able to add moderators, moderate the moderators, and so on. Whoa there m8.. Elaborate on that a bit Gaddy... Board owners locking threads, off topicing threads, sticking threads, and rule #1 threads is all that is needed. What else do you mean by "board owner tools"? I'm most worried about Kike Shill board owners flooding the place with BS, and deleting replies correcting their hook nose BS.... Say it ain't so, the Jews didn't take over this place too?

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25728 >global mods are publicly accountable for what they do Gmod here, if/when you let me/us moderate again, are we gonna have to sign up for it again, or did our login info transfer over from the old code to the new code?

>>
Image Thumbnail

Phone poster here, using Samsung internet browser. I must say, the site looks rad as hell with the dark mode turned on in browser settings.

>>
Image Thumbnail

Opposed to the eye bleed in light mode

>>

>>25736 >Deleting off-topic posts is jewish. Jews = Non-retards Nazis are the biggest Judas-es there ever was: "Please, Gadmin, don't make the site good! Keep the neon-glowing green-text! Don't allow the third-party moderation of spam! I love you, Gadmin! Don't be a jew!"

>>

Also, there's something weird going on with how the site works now: When you open a link in a new tab, it opens in a random already-opened Enrive tab. Have about ten open Enrive tabs structured according to my most pristine autism, and I can't keep any order now. It all worked fine before.

>>
Media deleted

>>25736 >What else do you mean by "board owner tools"? Board owners need to be able to customize their boards, and hire mods to help them sort off topic threads. >>25737 Your gmod accounts (previous anonymousIDs) are preserved and still have gmod status despite not having any power right now. Unless a merge issue happened if someone who wasn't you had a user account with the same name as your anonymous ID. >>25741 That really should not happen. Hasn't happened to me yet. How are you browsing? PC or phone? What browser? Is adblock enabled? Is javascript disabled?

>>

>>25742 >How are you browsing? It happens when I simply click on "[Reply]" on /home/explore: It opens the linked page on an already opened Enrive tab, and if I happened to be writing an old reply on that old tab, then that means that the new page will erase the old message (like it did just now). I don't know how it determines on which of the tabs that the new tab is opened. It could possibly be the last tab that had a page update - I don't know. I'm browsing on PC, using Firefox, a few adblocks enabled, and Javascript disabled.

>>

>>25743 There was an obvious error with the HTML, should be fixed now. If you see this happening anywhere else please report.

>>
Image Thumbnail

Threads where the last reply is more than 3 months old will display popup ads. Replying to that thread will revoke its old status along with the popup. Perhaps this is too instrusive, maybe only threads that reached reply limit should have pop-up ads, but let's see how it goes. Popup ads are the main source of income by far, banner ads do very little. I am trying to find solutions where I can balance the revenue of the website, so it can survive well on its own and even have resources for its growth, against not annoying us nor disrupting browsing. Let me know how it goes inb4 moot steals my idea

>>

crowd source the funding instead?

>>

>>25747 Where? Patreon would ban us asap

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25748 Bitcoin donations maybe..

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25742 >sort off topic threads.

>>

>>25750 the superior meme >>25749 >donate bitcoin >is worth -100 within the hour >gadmin owes money

>>

>>25750 You know, if you're really worried about that - which can be a legit concern for me as well - then how about any of these solutions? - Don't give the mods the power to delete topics - just to move them off their board, either to some official board, maybe a board of their choice, or maybe just a board dedicated to Off-Topic threads. - ...or how about this? Have the user be able to filter threads that are marked as Off-Topic. Have the checkmark on by default.

>>

>>25752 Off topic threads should always be seen along on topic, otherwise off topic becomes just like deleting threads

>>

>>25753 The readers who are still interested in off-topic threads, would easily be able to toggle off-topic threads on and read them in all their glory. It'd be like filtering boards (which is a function that is temporarily disabled at the moment). If you're really worried, let's make toggling off-topic posts off an account only feature, so that outsiders have no choice but to "enjoy" these posts.

>>
Image Thumbnail

Dear Gadmin, I just noticed that I can access a certain board without being forced to do any kind of "magical trick" to not just see a 404-site instead. Did you forget about that when changing the code or is it supposed to be like that from now on?

>>

"80.82.64.117 . The Project Honey Pot system has detected behavior from the IP address consistent with that of a mail server. Below we've reported some other data associated with this IP."

>>

>>25755 skrt board will be implemented in some new manner most likely. If not I'll add its old behavior again

>>

>>25756 wat

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25758 >>>/skrt/

>>

SKRT! SKRT! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPLl9LRhkTQ "Gasp! We just got second place, folks."

>>

ETA for the site being open source? Someday I want to run my own masterchan but for a more specific community

>>

>>25752 This site is too dead to worry about deleting or moving threads off boards. Maybe in the future if there is an issue it can be considered, but in my opinion its best to not put abuseable powers in anticipation of such and such

>>

>>25761 I could probably do it this year, or even now if people are willing to deal with code that is not ready to be released, but I am concerned that if I release the source code before enrive is established as a community, a group of people more interested in popularity and having control over others may try to steal the users from here to their site instead. I don't think I want to take that risk until this community grows a lot first. We have already seen that happen with 8chan. People wanted to leave 4chan due to censorship, they look at a reddit-like chan where everyone can create their own boards but also rule them with an iron fist, and a chan where nobody could ever rule anything with an iron fist - and they went to 8chan instead. At the time by the way, 8chan had no users at all, we were much bigger than they were when the exodus happened. Someone decided to put a sticky on 7chan I think telling people to go to 8chan, and it is how they got started. If there is enrive, but also other sites like us, then that is more competition for me to make enrive grow, something ive put a lot of my personal time into, while at the same time the people runnning other sites that may get more popular than us could be without real good intentions, something Ive experienced a lot in my life already, having to deal with power hungry people. I'm not ready to be divided and conquered when we have not even started yet. >>25762 deleting threads or moving them off boards will never be a thing, screencap this dont have my watermark image on this pc

>>

>>25763 >I don't think I want to take that risk until this community grows a lot first. This is smart thinking. However, even with a sizable community, a jump can always happen with enough memes. People are fucking crazy for meme campaigns and shit. >screencap this >dont have my watermark image on this pc I am Gadmin. I work for the Illuminati. This site is all an OP to sow corn crops in strange places. Screencap this. Sorry - I have my watermark image in my other pants. This is at least the second time you've done this. Please copy over the watermark already.

>>

Maybe it's my browser (Firefox, with adblockers and no Javascript) acting up right now, but today Enrive's browser tabs won't stop loading. The pages seem to load fine visually, but the loading dot won't stop displaying. This goes both for the explore page, as well as topic tabs.

>>

>>25765 How many hours ago since this behavior started?

>>

>>25766 I don't think I saw it START, because I've been busy all day, but when I got home, around eight hours ago, I notice that it was happening. It appears that the problem have been partially fixed now: The explore page loading still has to be stopped manually, but the rest of the tabs load in now. It just takes a couple of seconds for the favicon to load in.

>>

>>25767 If you are using firefox, press F12, go to network and reload the page. See what elements are loading forever

>>

>>25768 I already did that, but I couldn't find anything loading for any amount of long time (although I'm not an expert at reading this data). It says that the document finished loading in about 5-6 seconds, which is reasonable. However, it also says "867.94 KB / 406.42 KB transferred", or similar things, in the lower left corner, where the left number is always higher than the right number. Maybe I'm interpreting those numbers wrong - I dunno. When did you add PVClouds.com? Was that today? It's listed as blocked, whatever it is.

>>

>>25769 >When did you add PVClouds.com? I don't know, that is the ads iframe loading ads through their system. I did implement a new ad today on old threads and the explore page (the side vertical one) If all elements in the page have loaded (202, 304 status or 307) I have no idea what could be causing this, especially if javascript is disabled. Guess it is some issue with the ad blocker

>>

>>25770 Everything is reading "200" across the board, except for four instances of .js files, that just reads "Blocked". These are the two files "overt.js" and the file pvclouds.com, which each account for two (blocked) transfers. Aside from the Explore page, this topic doesn't finish loading either: https://enrive.org/pain/thread/275 ...but this topic does: https://enrive.org/pain/thread/83

>>

No, hold up: There's this file, that's getting a 206, which is a "partial transfer": https://enrive.org/media/videos/b_232850.webm Linking to it directly like this, the video plays just fine. The thread which it's part of, refuses to finish loading as well: https://enrive.org/b/thread/232732

>>
Image Thumbnail

Also there's a strange indentation going on on the Explore page. It might probably be wrapping around an invisible ad space.

>>
Image Thumbnail

Tried to upload a webm, that works fine on my computer. 125 MB big. Got the error in the image.

>>
Image Thumbnail

I also noticed that when you go to the /global/ page, that whatever is the last post in this thread, is displayed twice, like in the image. (Previously the doubled post was >>25773 .)

>>
Image Thumbnail

I'd also like to draw your attention to the missing thumbnail. The image displays just fine. It is also missing on the explore page. Maybe there's something from with the server hardware, if random images just keeps disappearing.

>>

>>25776 >from *wrong

>>
Media deleted

>>25772 Are you still getting this problem? >>25773 That is because of an ad you have blocked, yes >>25774 >125MB max size is 10 hehe >>25774 yeah, some flaw logic with the global code. That will be fixed eventually. >>25776 Can you link me to this thread?

>>

>>25778 >Are you still getting this problem? Yes. It's the explore page, and some random topics. Maybe it's something on my end, like some kind of memory probablem or a Firefox bug, but I haven't had any issues with other sites at all, so that's unlikely. >That is because of an ad you have blocked, yes Okay. It's not critical, but it would be nice to fix the layout somewhere down the line. >max size is 10 hehe >That will be fixed eventually. Thank you. It's a kind of alarming error message, like there's some MITM attack going on. >>25776 >Can you link me to this thread? Sure: https://enrive.org/pain/thread/275#455 I notice that it's one of the topics which won't stop loading.

>>

>>25779 I'm on firefox, I see the thumbnail that is missing on your side, and the thread also loads for me. It may be your adblocker that is causing this (and perhaps out of my reach to fix), if nobody else is having issues as well

>>

Update: It IS that thumbnail image that is making the page never stop loading. Now when the image has been flushed from the explore page, it loads just fine, while the Greta thread is still refusing to finish loading. ...and I think that that thumbnail displayed just fine before, so something made it stop working. Is this perhaps linked to that Anon's legs image that stopped working? Again, I think your server might be wearing down, and might require some kind of memory check scan.

>>

>>25780 I tried loading https://enrive.org/media/thumbs/pain_455.png directly, and it just locks up until I manually cancel the load, but that's ONLY on Firefox. I opened IExplorer, and there the image loads just fine. ...so it looks like it's a cache problem on MY end after all - one I've never had before.

>>

4chan just added banners to SFW boards they keep copying us

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25730 Hey Gaddy, I'm replying to this post to use as an example. I've noticed lately that the css is broken, that expanded images are cut off on the right side. Phone poster reporting in. >Android master race Pic related: is what I see when I click in that pic

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25728 gadmin i made a discord for the site! https://discord.gg/EZDZUGP

>>

Gadmin, we've been getting a lot of CP-looking posts/spam lately, so I want to know what should be reported, specifically links to child "model" sites. Since I refuse to click such links, I can't discern what the site is actually about, and if it's even remotely legal or not. I think that, since I'm starting to suspect that people are trying to set us up right now, I'm going to be overzealously reporting suspicious links/images, and let you make the call, at least on my own board.

>>

>>25785 So on the same day that we get friendly invites to honeypots, somebody made a Discord. I'm not going to use it anyway, and I've already done my big red flag waving, so... ...have fun using FBI's Discord, I guess.

>>
Media deleted

>>25784 I'll take a look into it. Seems mobile is wrong on the right side for everything. >>25786 please do not report links that you don't know what they are. That can waste the time of moderators, and can get your account banned for submiting invalid reports. Only report spam links, whether they are spam from being posted a lot in random places, or spam when someone is dropping links that have nothing to do with the OP post nor any other reply.

>>

>>25788 Suddenly I'm glad that I'm not a global mod. I wouldn't want the legal responsibility of hosting lots of shady-looking links. I mean even if they would directly claim to host CP, I don't know that. That would just make me think that it was all a scam instead. ...but that would be a nightmarish legal defense in court. Well, whatever.

>>

>>25789 >even if they would directly claim to host CP If they claim to host illegal content then you know what the link is. If you dont know what a link is at all then don't report it unless it is spam.

>>

>>25790 >If they claim to host illegal content then you know what the link is. Okay, so I am to trust their claims, and assume that the child modelling is legal, since we don't want to accidentally censor actual innocent child modelling sites (even though the YouTube link shows a romantic undertone). Since the Greta image was reported and verified as safe, apparently nude, eaglespreading fakes of 16 year old children, is also fine. I'm surprised about that, but that's out of my hands now. I won't be reporting faked CP anymore.

>>

>>25791 fakes of underage people are only illegal if realistic, though that always depends on legislation

>>

>>25792 The image of Greta looked pretty realistic to me, not accounting for the disproportionally mature body. Since I obviously can't tell what counts as realistic, I'm sure that you can manage the images without me reporting them. You're saying that it depends on the legislation, and that's why I asked, since I don't know foreign law, and don't even know what sort of legislation the Enrive servers adhere to besides "US and Netherlands law".

>>
Image Thumbnail

Gaddy, did you change the date format? When did this happen?, so confusing m8.

>>

>>25794 The technical answer is that I was retrieving that date from the database while already formatin it, and that was causing problems with other time operations, so I had to fetch that data raw causing the change in the display of the date format. I have to translate the date to the older format through PHP now. So much to do and so little time

>>

>>25794 It's the perfect way to write a date: Years, months, days, hours, minute, seconds. It's like one long number, where the biggest number goes first, and the smallest one last. Get on my level.

>>

>>25782 This issued is fixed now. Unless you did something on your end, all it took was clearing my browser image cache, as I suspected.

>>

>>25785 >>25787 what are you talking about discord has been known to support pedos

>>

>>25798 I'm talking about how you can't trust anonymous third parties to set up Discords FOR you. I'm pretty sure that as the owner of a Discord, you have access to all private rooms, for example. ...and so of course anti-pedos are going to jump at this chance. I think it's irresponsible of Gadmin to not set up his own Discord, but then again, I'm hearing talks about having to give up personally identifying information to Discord upon registration, so I get why he doesn't do that. It's just a matter of time before a public leak happens to Discord's whole platform, for example.

>>

>>25798 Also, Discord "supports pedos" in the same way that Chris Hansen supports pedos: It lets them talk, and then anyone is welcome to go in and take screenshots of these talks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXCdh4MXAvI ...and even without antipedos, drama and infighting will inevitably happen. Stay the fuck away from Discord and similar semi-anonymous sites!

>>

>>25785 I'll link the discord tomorrow

>>

>>25801 >Outlander You're doing Gadmin's work, Outlander. There's been a lot of Gadmin-Outlander posts since the update. Admit it, Gadmin: Being logged out is kind of a hassle. ;)

>>
Image Thumbnail

I have added the link to our discord. You can click on the top right corner, or here https://discord.gg/EZDZUGP Discord is not anonymous, nor a place for political discussion (any sort of hate speech, which passes for everything nowadays, will get you banned from it, along with the user who created the server. So whoever our discord admin is, you'll have to deal with their strong terms of service if you want the room to stay alive). It is just for us to have fun and meme with one another, and create a bigger sense of community to help us grow. Real life has prevented me from coding again, but I should get back to it next week. Closing this global thread for now. Please join the discord or Kmar will fire me if I don't meet my quota.