Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

global - /global/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Image Thumbnail
Thread was moved to Off Topic

Huge success. The new code has been implemented. If you find any bugs, report them here and how it happened. What changed: >AnonymousID is RIP. It was removed entirely and now we have just 1 user account to both post and make boards. The old system was confusing and unnecessary. All previous anon IDs have become regular user accounts, maintaining their username, password, post count and active days. If you had an anonID with the same name as your user account, your user account has gained all the postcount and active days from it (but the password remains that of your user account). Finally, if your anon ID's name was taken by someone else's user name, then you lost access to that. If that happened to you, and you had an anonymous ID with a high post count and active days you'd like to maintain, let me know and I can check the old database and fix it manually for you, since there won't be many cases where that happened if happened at all. >IP posting has been enabled again. Please be kind to outlanders. >The old frontpage's search system was moved to its own URL. This is because I intend to add popup ads only to the search page. I feel that that will be a good enough compromise, where everywhere else you can browse without interruptions, but the search system which people use with less frequency can help generate a lot of revenue to pay for server costs. >Some features have been temporarily removed but will come back later: post donation, filtering the search page, skrt, the catalog.

>>
Media deleted

>Reiterating what I said in the last global thread: this major update was purely internal. It was not to add new features nor improve our looks. When I started coding this site in 2014, I was still very new to programming. I had to re-engineer our internal code completely to create something with quality, that has code longevity and allows me to easily add new features onto it. The immediate next step for me is to rework our ads system. It had paid for server costs for the past 3 years, but in the previous few months 2 of the ad units stopped working completely. Once I make us self sufficient again, I will lay out where we will go with development henceforth.

>>

>The old frontpage's search system was moved to its own URL. Which URL? I don't see any filtering options on the /home/ page, and no links to any other URL, and adding "&e=tinylotuscult" to the url, doesn't work.

>>

>>25654 to /home/page, but the filtering options have been temporarily removed. They will be added back.

>>

In the past, on the reply-box there was a link to the page that explains the post-count benefits and on that page there was a link to the page where one could check their post-count. For whatever reason, I cannot find that now anymore. Will that come back too (or be added to FAQ-page or so) ?

>>
Image Thumbnail

Protip: Login b4 you type your post, as logging in takes you to another page...

>>

>>25657 >Login b4 you type your post I did that, if I had not, I would have had to post as Outlander. >as logging in takes you to another page... Yes, it takes me to the /home/ page, but I can't find any check-page-link there either, but that would be a good place to add that.

>>
Image Thumbnail

Btw, logging in with several accounts and only having to choose from drop-down-menu to switch is a nice feature. But can that lead to several or all accounts being punished if one of those accounts posts something like spam/CP/etc?

>>

C_C Where is my C_C? Tab icon is gone. Enrive tabs getting lost in sea of other internet tabs. Please fix. Make it pink.

>>
Media deleted

>>25656 That has been removed and will come back as well. I'm just in a rush to get our ads working again, so in this first release I worked only on the essential. >can that lead to several or all accounts being punished Not at all. Punishment is per the account that broke a rule >>25660 The C_C is from when this website had a different name for a brief period. We need a new logo.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>We need a new logo. Here. Made in MS Paint. One with shadow. One without. Is pink, like little girl. Is exclamation points, like free expression. Is also E, like Enrive. If you like, I can make pixel art about twice the size. Bigger than that, and brain gets confused. Huh? What's this? "Invalid resolution"? "Image heigth must be between 50 to 15000 pxiels." What is "heigth"? What is "pxiels"? Error message written by little gnomes! Fine. Will make image bigger.

>>

(Also, I'm pretty sure that it should be "between 50 AND 15000". Either that or it's "FROM 50 to 15000".)

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25662 >>25662 Our logo should be a pillar in my opinion. It is classy, the basis of civilization, and with a crack in it, as no idea has its foundations so strong that it can survive all criticism, which ties back to the rive part of the name of this website and that we are here to discuss everything without reservations. >What is "pxiels"? Error message written by little gnomes! fixed, thanks.

>>

something weird seemed to have happened today when opening the /explore/ page, nothing except for "Register" and "delete my post" is clickable, no boxes, no pics, no "Next", "Reply", "Login", "Report" buttons or "Moderate with" dropdown thing works. It seems a weird transparent frame (https://enrive.org:8081/ads/popunderiframe.html) resides over almost the entire page. When allowing javascript, this thing seems to disappear after a few seconds and the page becomes usable, but some people don't want to have javascript enabled ever. Probably the ad-thing is buggy.

>>
Media deleted

Also, I have implemented popup ads on the search page (former frontpage). They are displayed from a different port, and therefore the javascript from the ad company cannot datamine any information, such as your logged usernames, cookies and so on. All they can see is you IP (which you can hide with a proxy if you want), and that you accessed the search page. They cannot see what you click on the frontpage either. Whenever I implement ads, I make sure to do in a way that third party services and their javascript files are not being loaded directly at enrive.org, but from a different place, so your information stays only within enrive.org

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25666 Oh, thanks for reminding me of this. The problem is that I am displaying ads to people who have javascript disabled, so that will certainly bug everything for them. I will fix it right now so ads are only shown to those with javascript enabled in the first place.

>>

>>25666 >>25668 Should be working now. If your javascript is disabled you should not get the ads frame in your way.

>>

Do you know more specifics about the icon? The tab icons on my computer are measured to have dimensions of 20x20, but some pages say 32x32, and still more pages say 16x16. I heard that the file extension should be ".ico", at least for Windows. If you want the pillar in all black, you can apparently use SVG formats, which would make the icon really clear, as least on mobiles. Also, now that I've made a 32x32 ico/png image to use for MY tabs, in what folder do I put it? Do I have to alter the HTML header files of Enrive to get it to use the icon even in my bookmarks? ...because I don't want to use an add-on for this - add-ons are notoriously unsafe. Also, if you want the black pillar in your image as pixel art, then I can do that, but only in PNG - SVG is too complicated for me. Do you want those exact dimensions? ...and again: Is it 16x16 or 32x32? Also, Enrive doesn't accept uploading ico images. I had to try. :P ...and "heigth" is still misspelled. It's "height".

>>
Image Thumbnail

Also, the pillar depicted is very iconic for a pillar. It's great, but there are many styles ("orders") of pillars, that you might like better: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_order

>>
Media deleted

>>25670 32x32 works, if you want to try designing a pillar icon for us to use for now I'll add yours. Just post the png in here. >>25671 You'd have to go with something simple but that looks right and elegant, as it is a small icon. > It's "height". fixed As for adding your own customized icons to your browser, I'm not sure how you could do that without an add-on or browser supported feature, since the icon is an image referenced by URL at the header of a page.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25672 >32x32 works, if you want to try designing a pillar icon for us to use for now I'll add yours. Just post the png in here. It has to be at least 50 pixels to be able to be uploaded, so I have to pad the PNG out a bit, and count on you to crop away the black area. (The image should have transparency (Alpha-channel) so it shouldn't be cropped using MS Paint.) Unless I get severely distracted, the pillar will be posted in maybe 24 hours. I live a chaotic lifestyle.

>>

>>25673 take your time, thanks for helping

>>

I've done a pixelated copy of the image you sent, but the question is: Did you make that image yourself, and want that exact design, or is that a copyrighted image that I need to do a variation on?

>>

My main issue is that if I am to make it as thin as the image, the vertical cuts in the pillar will end up being almost indistinguishable, making it look like the letter I. ...so for now I am making a short-thick pillar.

>>
Image Thumbnail

This is the first draft. What do you need improved? More/less shadows? A lighter color? Thinner? More/less contrast? More colors? (This is just four colors, but I don't know how many colors I'm allowed to use, since the bitmap is specific.)

>>

>>25677 Nice icon. I've added it, but vertical cuts are still hard to be seen. What do you think?

>>

>>25678 If you want the cuts to stand out more (i.e. more contrast) then I can fix that. Now that it's scaled down, you're right: It does look a bit blobby. I was going too hard for a realistic look.

>>

BTW, if I helped set up the next episode of Hansen vs. Predators, am I a bad person? :P I kind of told the guest (Corinne) to contact him, since she knows all sorts of shady shit. :P

>>
>>
Image Thumbnail

Okay, hopefully this looks less blobby. (It's hard to tell, since the blobby effect appears once it's implemented.)

>>

>>25682 What do you think? It may need a darker outline at the very edge. In my case, the light gray blends with the grey from the browser's tab. The middle still seems to lose its details in the small version.

>>

>>25683 Yes, I may have overdone it, but I figure I'd try the white top-left shine to see if it worked out when implemented. I don't believe in a black outline to fix it, but I do believe in a 50-70% gray one. I think that we at least fixed the cuts being visible, which was our main concern. It's black-on-white, so you can't make them any more visible than that.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25683 Actually, it already has a gray outline - at least on my end. See, it was a mistake to do 32x32 in the first place, since the browser scales it down to 20x20 anyway. It's better if I work with a 20x20 icon to begin with. ...unless you're getting bigger icons on your end. On my browser the latest icon looks like pic.

>>

>>25685 the browser will not accept an image with native resolution of 20x20 however, has to be 32x32 or 16x16. So you can try 16x16 if you'd like

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25685 I think it's cute chum

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25666 This now happens to me when I visit that page. Since I run adblock plus, I see a huge black box that covers all but the right inch of the page, but only goes a screen down, as I can see the rest of the page when I scroll down. I disabled js and it went away when I visit https://enrive.org/home/explore It doesn't happen on any page but that one thankfully..

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25690 disabled adblock plus and reloaded page, still see bix black box covering whole page.. clicked bbb this time and opened up some sort of FBI tracking page... We really are a honey pot now.. Rip bare IP chums..

>>

>>25690 What happens when you click the huge black box? Does it go away? It should. I don't know why the box would be black - I may be able to add full transparency to the element so even in your case you don't see anything, but once you click it should go away

>>

>>25691 >We really are a honey pot now.. the ads load from a different port, which means it is like you are visiting an entirely other site altogether - the ads window cannot read your usernames, what you click, how you interact with the site and so on. It is as if the content of the page shows to you at enrive.org, and you are loading a different page at a different tab at enriveads.org, but you see both at the same time, but they are different pages that cannot interact with each other. So the ads do not invade our privacy in here. >Rip bare IP chums.. But the ads can still know you visited enrive.org/ads/adspage.html (and never any other URL than that), so going bare ip is not really sensitive, or is as sensitive as visting enrive.org with your bare IP (something your ISP knows you do) and if you are worried about that never go bare ip

>>

>>25691 >some sort of FBI tracking page... ...and you don't screencap that shit and post it here? In that case, when I clicked it, I went to ponyland.

>>

>>25693 Last week I called up my ISP support and asked them if they TOO had troubles viewing videos on FreeSpeechTube. This was about a week before it "turned into" a pedo haven. Goddamnit. :P

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25695

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25692 Now it goes away when I click it.

>>

:stopmusic:

>>
Media deleted

>>25697 Today or tomorrow I will try fixing this for you so you don't even see the black box. Not sure if it will be possible. >>25699 soon

>>
>>

>>25700 The box is black cause I'm running the dark theme prob.. >https://userstyles.org/styles/161507/enrive-dark

>>
Image Thumbnail

It feels like I'm pixeling in the dark here, but I think this might fix the ugly white top-left shine. I don't have a dark theme, so you guys scream if you hate it on your end. Also sorry for the delay. Things have been going on. ...and stuff.

>>
Media deleted

>>25703 Changed, how do you like it now? >>25702 You should no longer see the black box. Can you test it for me?

>>

>>25704 >Changed, how do you like it now? It's looking good with a LIGHT theme at least (although I'm kind of bias, since I made it). >You should no longer see the black box. Can you test it for me? Uh, now the image thumbnail links don't work anymore (on the explore page at least). What have you done? :P Also, there's a baby with a sharpie in its pooper there. I'm fairly sure that's not a medical procedure.

>>

Oh, I get what you did: You put a 0% opacity box over the whole explore page. It disables the whole page for people who can't "hack" HTML.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25704 Dark theme chum here.. I no longer see the big black box, but clicking on the page opens the FBI tracking routine in a new tab, with adblock disabled. Once I close that tab, nothing is clickable on the thumbnails page. Gonna enable adblock, and see what happens.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25704 With adblock enabled, I don't see the bbb, but clicking anywhere on the page does nothing. I have to manually type in the board I want to goto in the url bar, and click on reply button on the thread to be able to post..

>>
Image Thumbnail

Until this bug is fixed, this the url for the next button, on the front page, to see more posts.. https://enrive.org/home/explore?pageNumber=2

>>

>>25707 >>25708 >nothing is clickable >clicking anywhere on the page does nothing. This was an oversight, forgot to hide an element that I just added. I will attempt to fix it in a few hours

>>

The issue with adblock not letting you click links should be fixed, but another bug (a browser bug, may not be able to fix this and will have to change my monetization scheme instead) is causing the explore page to continue showing popup ads on the links you visit from it.

>>

>>25711 >The issue with adblock not letting you click links should be fixed Nope, I still can't click anything, since the div with id="adsdiv" is still covering the entire explore page.

>>

>>25712 when you click once, the adsdiv should be minimized and no longer cover the screen. Is that not happening?

>>

>>25713 That only happens if I turn on Javascript for Enrive, and why would I do that? :) With Javascript on, the first-click takes me to a site with a tracking pixel, and I hate tracking pixels. After that the div does go away. Personally I'd rather have Javascript disabled, and just delete the div every time.

>>
Image Thumbnail

Soon...

>>

>>25714 >That only happens if I turn on Javascript for Enrive, and why would I do that? :) But if javascript is off, then you get nothing at all? Or do you still get a black screen, or are you unable to click on anything? I was under the impression javascript on + adblock on was causing you to not be able to click on things, and what I was trying to fix

>>

>>25715 maybe when enrive is more finished we'll have an active community like that

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>25716 >But if javascript is off, then you get nothing at all? Or do you still get a black screen, or are you unable to click on anything? To explain, there are TWO users reporting on this. The other user is somehow getting a black screen. I've never seen a black screen. I just get "condomed" where I see everything on the /home/explore/ page, but the cursor never changes from an arrow, because the div element is in the way, covering the whole window. I use Firefox, use 2-3 ad-blockers, and have Javascript off by default. I think it's horrible when sites can't even produce a page without Javascript, but your site does. :) Provided the sourcecode. See that little yellow warning triangle? It says what I've named the image. ...but I can still see through the element even with opacity 0% not working, so I don't know what's going on there.

>>

>>25718 Oh, I see: You're using TWO attributes for the opacity, the first of which is working fine.

>>

I'm not sure if Kasperky loads certain iframe elements, so that might be why the other user is getting a black screen, but maybe he just has his Javascript on, and the "black screen" he's seeing, is the one I'm getting with the white tracking pixel in the middle of it when I turn Javascript on.

>>

>>25718 >I've never seen a black screen. ...so this isn't really correct. I did see it, once, when I turned JS on, although the way I remember it, it was just sort of darkish grey. Sorry for any confusion.

>>

Dark theme chum here. black screen is gone, javascript is on, everything working as it's supposed to.

>>
Media deleted

>Javascript off should not longer prevent you from interacting with the explore page >javascript on and adblocker on should force you to click once before you can interact with the page (not something I can fix as I cant detect adblock), but you should not see a dark background over the explore page Everything should be fixed now. Anyone still having problems? Can you confirm all has been fixed in your end?

>>

>>25724 >Javascript off should not longer prevent you from interacting with the explore page Had to reboot my computer and my router, which means spending some time reinstalling it, but I can confirm that your page is working now. I guess my DNS was hacked. Usually that only happens when I download torrents, since that's what hackers usually take advantage of. I wonder if this DNS hack was related to that tracking pixel...

>>
Media deleted

Please read and reply to this so we can move on to a new global thread. I will lock this for a bit to make sure everyone reads, and will unlock it later. How ads work: >1) If you have javascript enabled and you don't have ad blocker, you should ONLY see ads when you go to the /home/explore page. Whenever you click on the page the first time, a popup happens, and after that you can freely click and open any links normally, unless you open the explore page again or browse a different explore page. >2) If you have javascript enabled and adblocker, you will be forced to click once in the explore page before you can interact with it. You may get a popup tab or not, but at any rate, you should not see any ads nor see any element obstructing your view of the explore page. >3) If you have javascript disabled, then you should interact with the explore page freely, without anything capturing your first click (nor blocking any clicks at all) nor obstructing your view. And finally: >4) If you vist enrive through a link from any other site (youtube, google, reddit, discord, steam chat) you will get the exact same behavior as the /home/explore page. This is because I monetize on people who visit the site ocassionally through a link, since they are likely to never return anyway, so I capitalize on the organic influx of traffic we get from search engines and other places every day. If you are getting a behavior different than any of this, please let me know, along with how it happens exactly and what browser you use.

>>

:^)