Enrive[a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x]

global - /global/[Catalog][Board FAQ]

[?]

TopBottom
Image Thumbnail
Thread was moved to Off Topic

This is my plan to stop spammers: >new anon IDs are confined to only posting at a /newusers/ board until they have 3 days of activity and some 25-50 posts >/newusers/ posts will not show on frontpage, so there is less incentive to spam >posting and deleting your own post will reduce your post count by 1, so that can't be used as a stealthy strategy anymore >you must post at least X characters per post with a new account so your post count actually increases. This ensures you can't just type "lel" or post an image 50 times and have your post count increase, you will actually have to engage with a thread making it more obvious when something is random spam and when it is not >this only addresses anon ID spammers. IP spammers are dealt with IP ban ranges and are irrelevant to this anti spam measure Do you think this would work at all? Would it be too constricting? If anything, it ensures other boards are clear of spam, even if the /newusers/ one is still a target of it Let me know before I code it

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>
Image Thumbnail

why not let the spamers spam whats the big deal.everyone has a hard on to control the internet.

>>

>>24696 hello spammer

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>24692 How about a different board name? /newusers/ sounds gay tbh.. How about /ccluster/ or something less faggy?

>>
Image Thumbnail

check em

>>
Image Thumbnail

No difference you can make on. This place will same always be.

>>
Media deleted

>>24698 I agree, I don't like /newusers/ either, it was just to illustrate a point. I think /newchum/ or /newchums/ is a good one. Unless someone suggests a better name it is what I'll use

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>24702 lel just make it /newfags/

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>24707 but we use chum instead of fags here

>>

>>24692 Is it bots what spam?

>>

Why not just outlaw spamming and 3day ban spammers?

>>

>>24714 because spammers just make a new anon ID

>>
Media deleted

The first step has been taken. All new users will be confined to /newchums/. I still have to code the other rules

>>

>>24719 I think its purdy kewl that a posts txt doesn't appear on the front page from /newchums/ but the pix do.. Encourages board posting while discouraging spammers.

>>
Image Thumbnail

spam is rip doesn't feel like the mastercluster we knew for so long anymore it is so quiet

>>
Media deleted

Deleting your own post will reduce your post count by 1 With this spammers should be fully under control for the moment.

>>
Image Thumbnail

IM testing this shit by unlocking all my threads,

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>24725 Fool

>>
Image Thumbnail

its changed from spam to ...plain old fashion sabotage \petty vandalism

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>24727 I would of never thought about doing it if you didn't invite it chum... >>24725 >>24725 >>24725

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>24728 knock yur self out genius

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>24729 Already did Grandad

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>24729 >Palestine Flag >Star of David implying Jewish Cock >cross eyed ginger The left can't meme.

>>
Image Thumbnail

The next post itt will be dubs

>>
Image Thumbnail

Checkem

>>

>>24730 grandad ? do you know me ?

>>
Image Thumbnail

THIS WAS ME circa 1983, no shit

Update 5