Enrive[a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x]

Suggestions - /gg/[Catalog][Board FAQ]

[?]

TopBottom
Image Thumbnail

Your spamfix is doing wonders gad. Definitely not seeing spam links all over the front page. No sir-ee. /s

>>

>>6434 The solution is simple, stop, block or centralize the post donation. The slower the donation the better, authorized by Gad only, so spammers will die of old age before having posts.

>>

>>6460 Anon IDs with zero posts can post spam.. As they are now.. Maybe limit the amount of anon IDs that can be made per day.. Make em expire if not used within 15 min of creation.. Or if not used again after 24 hours of their last post if they're new id's..

>>

>>6463 Gad said he is not at home and he don't have tons of time for this, i guess block post donation is the less painful modification that could actually work.

>>

Here's an idea that might be something worth looking into: trial accounts. So the basic premise is that with a trial account you can only make up to 50 posts a day and can only post on the official boards until you have reached the required 250 posts to be upgraded to a trusted account holder which would allow one to post on any board on the site. So basically if someone were to spam 50 posts a day it would give mods and/or gadette 5 days at the very minimum to determine whether a poster is a spammer or not. There are definitely flaws which would require some changes to the site in order for this to work right. One of those changes would require accounts to be included as potential board owners. Right now there's a system in place where you have a board account which lets you make boards and then you have a user account which is totally separate that you need to make in order to post at the moment. This would require the system to combine both into one account for both features so that you can't become a board owner until you have reached the Trusted Account status. This would be the workaround to avoid spammers from making their own boards to post on additionally with the official boards as well. I thought about forcing everyone new to only have access to one board but that would just be too chaotic and it would look incredibly shitty to anyone just visiting the site. Lastly, gadette would need to nuke the post donation feature to prevent new accounts from becoming Trusted Accounts over night from spare spammer accounts.

>>

>>6467 Post donation is the best tool for spammers, assuming the limits works after Gad fix them. I like the idea of trial accounts, that could also filter trolling in the future.

>>

>>6468 I figured 50 posts a day would be a good starting point too because this site is slow as fuck so I can't really see that many people hitting the max unless they're necrobumping the shit out of threads on /b/ or wherever else on the official boards. And since they'd be limited to those boards they wouldn't be able to spam on a dead user board or any user board in general such as /test/ itself which doesn't really have any rules to begin with outside of no CP.

>>

>>6469 Although gadette could prevent all necrobumping by configuring a board to automatically lock a thread if no one posts in it a month after the last post. I don't know why something such as this isn't in place already to be honest.

>>

>>6470 If you remove the spam from the equation, necrobumping is not necessarily bad. That being said, that kind of measures should be taken by the owners of the boards, not Gad. That being said, Gad should delete inactive boards already, I'm not sure why he stopped deleting boards with no activity after 2 months like before.

>>

>>6471 >If you remove the spam from the equation, necrobumping is not necessarily bad That's not the response I was getting while I necrobumped threads left and right intentionally on /b/ months ago trying to spur some activity. It worked to some degree but most of it was of retards bitching about it instead of making new threads that encouraged discussions about other things. >I'm not sure why he stopped deleting boards... That's because gadette is a lazy nigress my fellow chum. I personally don't understand the point of keeping them around either.

>>

>>6474 Heh, people complain, I didn't mind the necrobumping. Just ignore the autistic screech or, like me... learn to actually enjoy it. Of course, if you learn to do you'll go to hell, like me.

>>
Image Thumbnail

What if... <tinfoilhat> Gad doesn't want to get rid of the spam because those sites are actually FBI monitored sites, and the permanent spam is the price Gad had to pay to keep himself out of jail when they took down Masterchan... </tinfoilhat>

>>

>>6476 Doubt it. If you do a search on DDG of one of the spam links you'll find that there are several other sites/boards where there are no active posters that they spam on. Why is beyond me. Apparently on 32chan they're seeing spam on some boards identical to ours, mainly on /nofap/ which I find terribly amusing.

>>

>>6479 I doubt it too, but it was such an outlandish theory I had to write it down. Also it would be really funny if true.

Update 5