Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

Random - /b/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Image Thumbnail

permanently banned from 4chan for advertising us How do we make others know we exist?

>>

A certain amount of invisibility isn't so bad. Advertizing on 4chan will just invite neonazis here, and other extremely oversensitive people. Is that what you really want? 4chan was lost years ago. The mods are corrupt over there. You can advertize Enrive on YouTube channels that you like the topics of. ...but don't just advertize the site. Make cool threads like the Amos Yee thread, and then invite people over to your cool thread, or even your cool forum. Don't just invite them over to an empty room. Fill it with cool stuff first, like links and thoughts and ideas and arguments.

>>

...and they will go "Well, why not just discuss it in the comment section on YouTube?" and then you will inform them that about 50% of all comments are shadow-removed, seemingly at random. Enrive is an environment where posts rarely get removed, and if they do, you'll be made aware of it. ...and you can post images here. ...and links. You can hardly post links over on YouTube - your post will get removed for most links.

>>

>>232570 >>232571 That is a solid idea. you guys do it I don't have a youtube account

>>

>>232573 It goes for Reddit, Twitter, and any site with less freedom of speech: If you want to discuss a controversial topic, then lay out your arguments for it here, and then refer participants to your topic/board, with no risk of ban.

>>

>>232569 >>232570 >>232571 >>232573 >>232575 In the past, some years ago, we advertised a lot, and we had a lot of users and lurkers at some point. Some people were against us advertising. I think that once we stopped, with no influx of new users at all our activity died out over the years.

>>

>>232569 I actually did find this site on 4chan a few days ago, maybe the day before yesterday? I wanted to lurk more but I feel this place has a lot of potential. >>232577 Honestly, the second it becomes part of the mainstream it's going to suck. I have no clue how you remain an open secret for people who won't be trying to exploit it. Idk. I really love watching this start out. I might not agree with everything here, but it's so beautiful to see it in its free state before the inevitable corruption.

>>

>>232579 We have been here for a while in secret, there were different incarnations of this website as it evolved with the years (it actually started as a pc gaming chan), but it always stayed true to its motto: only illegal content is deleted. Even during the pc gaming era, the off topic idea already existed and shitposts were just moved to off topic rather than deleted. This place will not be corrupted. The dutch KMAR already shut us down once, anonymous DDOS us to oblivion, we faced shutdown by the netherlands police due to having too many images that crossed a line (yet never bad like 8chan used to have, but we were still the ones getting a reputation of being the pedo chan by 8channers), and we always stayed the exact same. If the police came and said "this is illegal", then the content was removed, but unless it gets to that point, there was never a time something legal was removed from here. In my opinion popularity will simply spawn a really creative force on the internet like 4chan used to be, rather than destroy us. It would be nice to have a strong community in here.

>>

gay dead shit board

>>

>>232580 >but unless it gets to that point, there was never * a time something legal was removed from here. * except from when you post adults from Daisy's Destruction, when you post links to your AO3 stories, and when you post a picture of Anon's legs in a pair of jeans (which was just a few days ago). ...or images of a certain diplomat's daughter.

>>

>>232584 >post adults from Daisy's Destruction sounds illegal >links to your AO3 stories what >when you post a picture of Anon's legs in a pair of jeans (which was just a few days ago) what >or images of a certain diplomat's daughter. not illegal except when doxxing

>>

>>232580 Well the closest I've ever been to an oldfag anywhere is having a platinum account on SA from 2003. I went to 4chan exactly once before I settled there in 2013. Notorious lurker anyhow. I'm unlucky in the sense I only started braving infinity around a year ago. I'm hopeful this place will pick up, from what I've seen so far it is creative, plus there needs to be a place where people can flock to exchange ideas and feel relatively safe. When I first went to 4chan the random there was still a place where I was in awe of what was being said, and thought it was secretly funny. That is no longer the case. To me it seems to have lost that magic because of its mainstream nature. Maybe I'm just getting old. Between all the "shilling", possible honeypots, and insane shitposting, every board is divided and in the wake of trump it's even more intolerable than usual. I couldn't give a shit about politics, I'll stay here to watch its potential unfurl into the fucked up thought experiment/creative writing competition/impropteau news source that I hope it will become, while hopefully retaining a little secrecy.(the kind that surrounds a new boogeyman) I don't know what this was before, but I wish I did.

>>

>>232585 >or images of a certain diplomat's daughter. Are you guys talking about anna? Kek* *what is the site appropriate lol

>>

>>232585 > >post adults from Daisy's Destruction >sounds illegal It was an image that I found via Google's image search, on several news sistes - one of the "perps" standing on a mattress. I think she was 19 years old and dressed. Who knows if it was illegal or not? The CP laws are so bullshit that maybe images even within a yard of a naked child, "is CP". > >links to your AO3 stories >what Yeah, you guys are missing out on some fine text-only CP stories. :) > >when you post a picture of Anon's legs in a pair of jeans (which was just a few days ago) >what https://enrive.org/b/thread/232558 I figured that it was just to test the removal system after the reboot, and as a joke, and I'm fine with it, but still, it's not "never". > >or images of a certain diplomat's daughter. >not illegal except when doxxing I don't remember the details, but that diplomat put this site under some direct pressure, because he was in turn sick of people here idolizing his daughter to the point of stalking her school. I might or might not have been somewhat involved in that - sorry. It was many years ago, and if the site owner comes under direct pressure, like in the case of Stream.me , I understand if things get removed.

>>

>>232587 >To me it seems to have lost that magic because of its mainstream nature. Maybe you missed it, but m00t sold the site to an asian dude with no respect for free speech. It happened a few years ago. Now m00t actually works at Google - no joke.

>>
Media deleted

>>232589 >maybe images even within a yard of a naked child, "is CP". To the law Illegal images have to do with context. If the context of the image is of a sexual situation (which something related to actual child abuse will be for law enforcement) then it is considered illegal, doesn't matter what is happening in the image or how people are dressed or not. >https://enrive.org/b/thread/232558 I manually deleted that image because for some reason only that one disappeared from the server. And if you are posting links to sites with heavy monetization, someone might have reported you for spamming

>>

>>232590 Yeah, I know. I obviously think he's a faggot for it but most programmer types aren't equipped to deal with the headache of people consistently.doing illegal shit on a website they own.

>>

>>232597 >To the law Illegal images have to do with context. If the context of the image is of a sexual situation (which something related to actual child abuse will be for law enforcement) then it is considered illegal, doesn't matter what is happening in the image or how people are dressed or not. The most baffling thing was that the girl depicted was 19. There wasn't any hint of children in that picture, and Daisy could have been a mile away and fully dressed at that point. ...or dead. ...but just because that 19 year old some time that year also abused a child, that's CP? You'd have to go "Well, I happen to know that that image is part of a set of CP images." to be able to draw that conclusion, and for that you'd need something like a cop, to tell you what images are part of sets and which are just regular images. I hope you understand how impractical such a legal definition would be. >I manually deleted that image because for some reason only that one disappeared from the server. It probably ran away, 'cause it was scared. :) >And if you are posting links to sites with heavy monetization, someone might have reported you for spamming I use adblockers, so I can't tell if AO3 (Archive Of Our Own) has any ads, but its main function is a fanfic site. It seems to rely on donations to stay afloat, like Wikipedia. I asked why it was deleted before, but it ended up being the last post in a global thread that you closed, so I just figured you didn't even want to discuss the topic.

>>
Media deleted

>>232599 >I asked why it was deleted before I have missed that message. A while ago, other mods were helping me out, and perhaps someone was deleting things that were not illegal. I have removed all other mods but myself until I code a system to publicly audit global mods and to be able to restore wrongfully deleted posts. Sometimes, even I however make a mistake and delete something I couldn't be sure if it was spam or not. When I am unsure, I delete without punishing the account at least. Sometimes moderation can become overwhelming if the volume is too high. I'm constantly improving the moderation page to reduce the risk of mistakes. For example, in the past account and IP posts were shown at the same time. Now you moderate them separately. The next step is to make accounts with a high post count be moderated in their own window as well, to reduce the risk of wrongfully punishing a trusted user as well.

>>

>>232602 What is it like owning, running a site like this? Are you outside the USA? You don't have to answer if it's too personal. I just find it interesting, does it weigh on your mind at all? Or are you happy people have a place to be free? I am not a deep lurker of this site. From what I've heard a lot of people would find this site horrible. (I did some googling and came across a gay ass reddit thread about it, God I hate reddit. Even if I disagree with a bunch of it, I find it way more alarming that people, even if they're not doing anything illegal, do not have a desire to protect their own freedom of speech. It's strange how everyone has settled for a mutated version of it.

>>

>>232605 Close parenthesis after the second reddit. I'm so fucking disappointed in myself arghgraghhhharghhhh

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>232605 Lmao, I had to surf reddit for a couple seconds after reading that. Reddit bothers me just because it's an echo chamber. Only the stuff with mass appeal makes it to the top, and I always feel like everyone is just posting/phrasing stuff in ways they think will get maximum upvotes. It's super gay.

>>

>>232585 tin is above the law

>>

For people still alive at other image boards, pic related is how you advertize: https://enrive.org/pain/thread/275#276

>>
Image Thumbnail

advertising works Help spread the gospel of enrive and save other chums from the mod's clutches

>>

>>232570 > Amos Yee Go back to reddit kid Sage goes in all fields

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>232577 Morons advertised solely on 4kids That only brought in cancerous posters Nothing good ever comes from advertising there, or any other normie place.. If you want quality discussion here, you need to embed a link onto the bottom of a pic, and inject it into a discussion somewhere on the internet while making a quality reply to said discussion... Don't directly advertise enrive, just randomly slide it in there as a watermark. Curious chums will find us, morons will stay where they belong. If you drop a link, every moron will click it and some will even shit up the place and then forget about us. I found out about Masterchan by someone vaguely mentioning that 'Masterchan will be unbanned in a few weeks' or something of the sort. I thought it was a nickname of a poster. I googled masterchan out of curiosity 5 years ago, and the rest is history.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>232579 >Outlander Well said m8 I like you Stick around Things will pick up again.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>232580 All but one legal post was deleted lel Do you remember that shitstorm? >Think Mara

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>232583 >Outlander This is what happens when you advertise this place on 4kids

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>232584 It was a screenshot from daisys destruction. I don't give a fuck if the (((MSM))) blurred it out and used it in an article. We don't fall under the same protections as they do, while linking to the article would of been fine, but posting the image was not ok. It was literally a necrohurtcore snuff film. Daisy was tortured and murdered. Quit your bitching.

>>

>>232588 No, Mara.

>>

>>233169 It was a clothed adult woman, who just happened to also participate in DD at some point in her life. No child, and no nudity, was present.