/b/ - When you interact with a person you don'
Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

Random - /b/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

This thread has been flagged as old and contains pop-up ads.
Replying will revoke its old status.

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Image Thumbnail

When you interact with a person you don't know your mind asses the unspoken language of your interlocutor in order to decide if you have in front of a threat or not. That's pretty usual. I wonder, of us 5, what kind of "signs" you look for in the other person (consciously) attitude, words, body language, etc to decide if you're in front of a friendly person or a threat? In my case I use to listen to the silences, I don't talk a lot, I prefer to let the other do the talking and I pay attention to what he or she leaves unspoken. IDK why I do that, I just do it that way.

>>

I look for tone of voice. I don't really listen to what specifically is said by someone else, but rather I look for the idea they are trying to get across to me or someone else. This way I can concentrate on other minor things like the body language and stuff OP mentioned. I also look at physical appearance. Not skin color specifically, but how someone is dressed and what kind of tattoos someone has, if any.

>>

>>221995 > but how someone is dressed That's very interesting, what conclusions can you extract from the way of dressing? I see obvious conclusions in women, but I'm not sure if I could get hints with guys.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>221994 considering that 99% of passerby pose no actual threat, this is not something that usually crosses my mind. if you are within the vicinity of a dangerous person, it should only take common sense to detect. that being said, a lot can be gauged from visuals alone, before you even speak or interact with someone, the way they conduct and present themselves can speak measures about their character.

>>

>>222090 Actually clothes and specially shoes tells me more about the idiosyncrasy of the person than the personality. Of course the fight or flight response won't only apply to actual threats but also to things that won't jeopardize your life, for example detecting a rat in your work environment, or that guy that you know he'll stab you in the back as soon as he gets the chance. You don't know why, you don't know the guy enough, but you're certain about it. That kind of attitude is extremely hard to read from the clothes alone for me.

>>

>>221995 Here, I forgot that I posted in this thread. Sorry for anyone who happened to be curious for a response. Sure, clothes aren't a sure way to see a threat, but I live in a city so anyone with baggy clothing or just generally ratty/hoodlum clothes is what I had in mind when I wrote this post.

>>

>>224541 That gives you some clues about the person. Comfortable clothes with trendy brands will show a person acutely aware of the opinion of others over themselves. If the person carries a gun forget the analysis and run...

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>221994 "...Us 5 "... ??? I guess the TLC is the unofficial 6th guy

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>225747 im happy to be the unofficial 6th guy. also , what the OP is talking about in the lead post is simply ...too much work. i dont spend a lot of time thinking about such things, life is too short look at the guy in this pic... and try to analyze him...kek

>>

>>221994 This has to be a thread made by the KV *cring*