Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

Anime and Manga - /a/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Image Thumbnail

I'd just like to take this time, to again adress how much I loathe anime. I've tried to watch two anime series today - When They Cry and Mirai Nikki - and I regret it. The short of it is this: Who makes an anime 26 episodes long???!!! I watch the first few episodes, and after that the show slowly drags out into nothingness and boredom. People who watch anime - unless it's a movie - is just nuts. NUTS! I've watched actual coin toss battles at this point, and lessons about friendship, trying to be passed off as exciting entertainment! You drones have no taste. I thought that at least Mirai Nikki was going to be better than this. I screamed out loud at When They Cry's failed attempts at portraying human behavior. I get more excitement from staring at my vacuum cleaner! What sort of drooling mongoloids are you?! When They Cry and Mirai Nikki features two completely different protagonists, and neither of them are relatable. In When They Cry the protagonist is just inserted into the middle of a harem, and acts just like he's a flat anime character, and in Mirai Nikki he's such a whiny crybaby of a loser that I wish Juno would just put him out of his misery. ...but it's the boredom that kills me. They just don't have enough material for 26 episodes, and so they drag it out into a soap opera. That Future Diary stuff wasn't really much to go on, especially now when everyone checks their phones all the time.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>2317 >I've tried to watch two anime series today - When They Cry Read the fucking visual novel faggot, with original graphics. The anime is just a dumbed down version of it. Higurashi is a murder mystery by the way, though it takes a while in the VN to get to that point. It is probably the best visual novel out there. >mirai nikki Why are you watching manchildren anime? That is for people who have anime as their steam avatar. Watch the first two episodes of quiet country cafe, you are welcome.

>>

>>2317 >Complains that 26 episodes is too much Back in the days it was very common for anime series to have 24-26 episodes with a lot of series having over 26 episodes. Nowadays money talks and most series go for 12-13 episodes at a time. If the series sells well and is popular in Japan then it will get a 2nd season of 12-13 episodes, and so on.

>>
Image Thumbnail

>>2319 >Read the fucking visual novel faggot, with original graphics. How much of my life is that going to completely waste? >Higurashi is a murder mystery by the way, All I want is Yandere girls killing people, and possibly eating their flesh. Is that too much to ask for? Don't give me any shit about law, or cops, or any of that shit. That is what I DON'T want. I just want "the plot" to be about girls being free to do what comes naturally, nonstop. It doesn't have to be gory or gross, as long as people die to psycho girls. >though it takes a while in the VN to get to that point. Look, I could die tomorrow. I don't want to spend my last day reading a fucking visual novel as mold settles on me. >It is probably the best visual novel out there. Better than Dividead? ...because Dividead was dreadfully long, but fucking awesome in its detailed narrative. That narrator showed me the beauty in being autistic. ...not that I'd read anything that length ever again. (Cont.)

>>
Image Thumbnail

>Why are you watching manchildren anime? Because I want to see a girl stalk somebody, and kill everything he loves. I want her to just blow up his school, slice up the local law enforcement, kill all his friends, kill his entire family, and gut his little dog right in front of him, until he's all alone and has nowhere to run or hide, and then I want her to slowly rape him, and I want him to scream and cry and break and hurt and ultimately surrender, realizing that he's nothing but the devil's plaything. I thought Yuno was that girl, but apparently not. I wasn't aware of any of that "future diary" shit - who cares about that? >Watch the first two episodes of quiet country cafe, you are welcome. It better not involve "murder mysteries". I've written better Yandere than this. Almost wrote two entire seasons of my own personal yandere harem anime. It just involved a guy being stalked, raped and murdered, over and over, because that's what makes life beautiful, anon: Pain. Suffering. Evil.

>>

Let me give you some of my own yandere fanfics as examples of what I'd like to watch: https://archiveofourown.org/works/16039076 https://archiveofourown.org/works/15668865 https://archiveofourown.org/works/18128306 https://archiveofourown.org/works/17330009 https://archiveofourown.org/works/18553732 https://archiveofourown.org/works/15389652 https://archiveofourown.org/works/19999975 I write a lot of bullshit that I'm ashamed of, but when I write about yandere, I write pretty good shit.

>>

>This is not so much a story as it is a slice of life. Or rather, it is a look into portions of the life of a girl named Alpha, together with the people around her. Alpha runs a little cafe on the outskirts of Yokohama. There are almost no customers, but Alpha does not mind at all since she has the occasional company of the old man who runs the gasoline stand down the road, as well as that of his grandson Takahiro. This is a Yokohama of the future, when the sea covers most of the land and roads have disappeared under sand or water. Alpha is, in fact, a robot, looking after the cafe during her owner's indefinite leave of absence. >Slice of Life At no point am I seeing the words "yandere", "reverse rape" or even "murdered his family, everything he's ever loved, down to his little dog", anon. I crave these things.

>>

Mirai Nikki: Episode 1 - Looking at my phone. Episode 2 - Somebody else is looking at my phone. Episode 3 - Somebody is looking as his phone, and he must be stopped. Episode 4 - We're looking at eachother's phones now. Episode 5 - What happens if we turn the lights off? Are we still technically looking at our phones? Episode 6 - My phone is different. Episode 7 - I lost my phone. Spent the entire episode looking for it. Being without a phone sucks. Episode 8 - Super mecha ninja cyborg lolis from the future, and they're all here to look at their phones. Episode 9 - This guy is looking at his phone as well. Episode 10 - What if we swap phones? Episode 11 - Let's have phone looking duels! Episode 12 - If you call my phone while I'm looking at it, what'll happen? Episode 13 - What if you look at my phone for me, but I cover my ears so that I can't hear what you're saying?

>>

Episode 14 - What happens if a dog looks at my phone? Would he understand it? Episode 15 - I mail ordered my phone to myself. Episdoe 16 - Phone-phone-phone-phone-phone-phone-phone. Episode 17 - I hacked my phone so that it now looks at itself. Episode 18 - If we're four guys, and two of us put our phones in a separate box, and we switch, and then the other guys go into a dark room, away from us, and maybe switch their phones, but we don't know that, and then they come back and open the boxes, who is looking at what phone? Episode 19 - Who was phone? Episode 20 - If I write a message on my phone, to the past, will the past me see it? Episode 21 - My god! There's another guy looking at his phone! Episode 22 - If I'm blind, but not deaf, and I tell the guy what his phone says, but I'm deaf, and not blind, can he still understand me? This is important. Episode 23 - I have become phone, looker of phones. Episode 24 - Alternative timeline, but we're still looking at phones. Episode 25 - I buy a new phone, so now I have two phones to look at. Episode 26 - Via hypnosis I thought I was looking at my phone all this time, but it was all in my mind. The phone wasn't even mine. Also friendship, and overcoming being a dweeb.

>>

Actually, I have to take this back. At least Mirai Nikki does get somewhat better after a while, and When They Cry is notorious for getting better after an awkward start. It's just that two bad first impressions in a row, really wore me down.

>>

Yeah, I usually get bored of anime too. I read manga instead, most of the time. It's faster. I made exception for Demon Slayer, and Darling in the FranXX. Read Higurashi vn before watching anime, they ruined anime by hurrying too much.

>>

Mirai Nikki does succumb to the typical anime fantastical/nonsensical battle of wits toward the end, though - people pulling Chekov's guns out of their asses, to twist the plot for dramatic effects, in order to cover up just how little things make any sense what-so-ever: You can't ressurect people, except Juno totally does that to Yukki's parents, and the world is ending, except Juno could just create a new one where they're both happy. They could both just live happy in the third world, off in another country somewhere, without killing anyone, and without starting a survival game. This pseudo-clever madness is so fucking common for anime finales, and it ruins any tone that the anime had going for it. ...but ultimately I just wanted Yandere drama - no action. Movies like The Audition is a good example. Mirai Nikki does go there, but only very briefly.

>>

...and the cringiest thing about Mirai Nikki, is probably when the last guy goes "HaHA! MY diary predict DIARIES!". THEY ALL MOTHERFUCKING PREDICT DIARIES, YOU FUCKING MORON! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! THEY ARE ALL JUST THE SAME FUCKING DIARY! STOP TRYING TO BE SPECIAL!