Enrive[ a / b / biz / c / co / g / gg / global / k / lit / Movies / mu / nsa / pc / pol / sci / toon / tv / x / ]

Movies - /Movies/ [Catalog] [Board FAQ]

CAPTCHA Image

TopBottom

Image Thumbnail

Lets face it. Every genre film of the past and present will be remade, re-imagined or rebooted. Its a simple and sometimes cheap method to reintroduce a classic franchise to a new generation and remakes are the most rampant in the horror genre. Now don’t get me wrong, there have been some stellar remakes that have gone on to become classics of their own. Fright Night I thought was fun, Dawn of the Dead I loved and John Carpenter’s The Thing will always be a horror classic. What makes remakes like those standout, is the fact that they had something outstanding to offer and helped to elevate the genre.

>>

Now the Child’s Play films are still going strong today in the video on demand market and it still has a strong fanbase. It was a film that was instantly a classic slasher among the horror landscape and it terrified many, except for me. I always thought it was fun, twisted and sometimes hilarious, but I wasn’t surprised that is was getting the remake treatment. It was the next product in the horror assembly line and well, I have to say that I did have a lot of fun with this new version. It retained its 80’s horror vibe while being modern in its story and visual design. The age old story of artificial intelligence going crazy and murdering everyone is still relevant today and it works since we’re constantly connected to everything via bluetooth. I liked that aspect and it made for some of the more fun kills and creepy moments of the film. image Gabreil Bateman was excellent as the new teenage version of Andy. I thought he nailed the vulnerable moments and some of the psychological toll of the games that Chucky played on him. Aubrey Plaza plays his young single mother Karen and I thought she was a great as she always is. I never really bought the parental side of her because she felt more like an older sister than a mother. Their chemistry was good though.

>>
Image Thumbnail

aubrey plaza is always good

>>

>>776 >image Obvious copypasta is obvious. For the source of this article, see https://themosleyreview.tumblr.com .

>>

>>778 so what...?

>>

its just hard to 'buy' Aubrey plaza as a real mom

>>
Image Thumbnail

Family strategies are still offered for present as well as new customers of Google Play Music. There will certainly be no podcasts on YouTube Songs or YouTube Music Premium. Rather, you can access podcasts via Google Play Songs, or Google Search on Android, along with the Google Assistant. <a href=>https://putlockerc.co</a>

>>
Image Thumbnail

I actually got bored enough to watch Child's Play 2019 yesterday. I've avoided the original, since the concept of a slasher movie and a talking doll, seemed puerile, especially with the sequels where he apparently gets married to another doll. This movie was equally puerile: The story looks like it's been written by a teenager, and the gore-presented-as-comedy is there to entertain the psychopaths. I thought, in my bored desperation, that we'd get a mature movie about dolls powered by an AI that's smart, but Chucky is braindamaged, and so are all the adults as well, so all we get is psycho-kid's entertainment. This is a movie that you should keep your children AWAY from when you're not making love to them, or they'll turn out wrong in the head. Looking at Rotten Tomatoes, it didn't like this movie either. Many say that the original is better, but I call bullshit. 1/5